Spyder Garage

Default F3 GPS instalation

My wife just picked up her F3 Limited and wants a GPS like her RT had. I see Can am offers a Garmin 590 and the handlebar mount with the wiring harness. Has anyone used the bar mount and installed the harness? Is that a DIY project?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1fxstbi View Post
    My wife just picked up her F3 Limited and wants a GPS like her RT had. I see Can am offers a Garmin 590 and the handlebar mount with the wiring harness. Has anyone used the bar mount and installed the harness? Is that a DIY project?
    I have the GPS mount/bar clamp combo from lamonster garage on my 2015 F3-S. Works great and not difficult to install as DIY. I bought the harness separate from garmin, pretty simple, just went straight to the battery with it.

Spyder Garage

I initially installed my GPS on my handlebar. I didn't like it and then I tried another installation and I didn't like that. I then bought BRP's mount for the 590 and installed it. It's a pretty easy install and it's just like what I had on my RT Limited.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I put my Tom Tom Rider on the 2016 F3L with a Ram mount ball and bolt from canamspyderaccessories.com and wired to to the customer accessory hookup under the left inspection cover.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

So are you guys using the OEM wiring harness so the GPS sound comes through the radio speakers? I know my wife would be most happy if it had the same style mount like her RT.

Spyder Garage

So are you guys using the OEM wiring harness so the GPS sound comes through the radio speakers? I know my wife would be most happy if it had the same style mount like her RT.

Yes.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default F3 GPS

Save your money and purchase Garmin Zumo 660 around $350 it comes with a motorcycle mount with cables and lots of other extras. A Ram handle bar ball mount required. Power & audio cable needs standard plug that that mates with OEM male plug on rear left side under lower trim panel, easy access. Ask your dealer to show you location of OEM ready GPS plug. It's plug and play from there. I have mating power plugs if you can't get from dealer or find them on line... $4 each.

If you use expensive spyder center mount & cable GPS faces up and unreadable in daylight. RBNS HOODS is a must but won't do any good on BRP center mount.

Set the radio input to NAV, adjust volume and GPS commands come through radio speakers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 RT Limited Spyder , Garmin Zumo GPS, Battery tender wire harness Show Chrome brake pedal extender Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks all for the tips.

Bruiser, I'll look into the 660 it sounds interesting.

Active Member hillbillywhisperer's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser37 View Post
    Save your money and purchase Garmin Zumo 660 around $350 it comes with a motorcycle mount with cables and lots of other extras. A Ram handle bar ball mount required. Power & audio cable needs standard plug that that mates with OEM male plug on rear left side under lower trim panel, easy access. Ask your dealer to show you location of OEM ready GPS plug. It's plug and play from there. I have mating power plugs if you can't get from dealer or find them on line... $4 each.

If you use expensive spyder center mount & cable GPS faces up and unreadable in daylight. RBNS HOODS is a must but won't do any good on BRP center mount.

Set the radio input to NAV, adjust volume and GPS commands come through radio speakers.

Does it come with lifetime maps?

Active Member hillbillywhisperer's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trobbins27 View Post
    I have the GPS mount/bar clamp combo from lamonster garage on my 2015 F3-S. Works great and not difficult to install as DIY. I bought the harness separate from garmin, pretty simple, just went straight to the battery with it.
    I used Lamonster's mount also. I purchased the GPS from GPS City but not sure. $550.00. Came with everything but since I just purchased the bike I had the dealer wire it. It looks like they are like $700.00 now. HOLY CRAPOLA!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hillbillywhisperer View Post
    I used Lamonster's mount also. I purchased the GPS from GPS City but not sure. $550.00. Came with everything but since I just purchased the bike I had the dealer wire it. It looks like they are like $700.00 now. HOLY CRAPOLA!
    I am to darn cheap for that. I just purchased a Garmin 2599 and wired the power for it directly to my battery and mount it with ram mount. I don't have Nav in my car so its easy to pop off and use in car when needed. I use Lamonsters Bluetooth receiver to connect with my phone and both my song playlist and GPS sound will come through the radio.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Last night I was looking at the install instructions for the BRP mount and wiring and it looks pretty easy on the F3. Of course I can't remember the link to the instructions or I'd share it with you.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hillbillywhisperer View Post
    Does it come with lifetime maps?
    Yes it does. On amazon for $430