Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default NOR CAL SPYDER RALLY Sept 12-14; replaces defunct Spyders in the Redwoods

NOR CAL SPYDER RALLY

The Weatherman is predicting that temperatures will be hovering around 90 degrees and Sunny for the week of the Rally, and about 50 at night, so please be prepared. You should also be prepared to have a SPECTACULAR TIME! We're getting so many messages and posts saying how Fired Up and Excited everyone is to get this party started!

But for those who have not yet registered, please do so TODAY.
    Registration closes on Aug 15th 2017!!! Please be aware that there will be NO WALK UP REGISTRATION.

Don't miss out on the MOST SENSATIONAL SPYDER EVENT IN THE WEST!
    NOR CAL SPYDER RALLY
    Tuolumne, CA
    September 12-14, 2017

Register now: https://sites.google.com/site/norcalspyderrally/home
    This year’s event will be twice the Fun and twice the Excitement!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I thought when the Red Rock Spyder Rally (RRSR) started, it was in addition to, not replacing the Spyders In The Redwoods (SPIR) rally, since they were both started by the same person and both have websites and FB pages still active. So, when I saw the FB posts and SL posts about the Northern California Spyder Rally (NCSR) I thought it was somehow in competition with the SPIR and didn't understand why.

I've just learned today that although the website and FB page for the SPIR are still active (but haven't been updated for over a year and don't say anything about being discontinued), the NCSR is the only rally in the same general geographic area as the defunct SPIR.

Apparently the SRA-Sacramento Spyder Ryders club has 'rallied' (pun intended) to sponsor the NCSR so that the tradition can continue but as a non-profit event. Apparently (since I haven't attended SPIR before it went under), the new NCSR is less corporate and friendlier with a better locale (I love the Sonora / Tuolumne area of California) than the SPIR.

I really admire the members of this local club for taking on this major challenge and now that I have a better understanding of it, plan to attend. I think we should support this event and club - I hope you will.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Would be nice if the timing was spaced so one might could go to both. I thought early on that Red Rock and Nor Calif rallies were gonna alternate years. Not the first time I've been wrong.
    Ken
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Spyder Garage

Default Last Years Rally

We went to the inaugural NorCal rally last year and it was GREAT. We came over Sonora pass ( with a touch of winter) so the great rides started before the rally.

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gator37 View Post
    Would be nice if the timing was spaced so one might could go to both. I thought early on that Red Rock and Nor Calif rallies were gonna alternate years. Not the first time I've been wrong. Ken
    Yeah, that's what I was led to believe also. I think the original SPIR was in August and the intent was to do both (since the RRSR is in September), but apparently something changed. Personally, I'd rather be in the Sierra foothills in September because St. George is still VERY HOT at that time. I went last year and that was it for me.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Let Me explai

Red Rocks Spyder Rally is promoted by the same people that brought you SYders in the Redwoods. Those people moved to Utah and in 2014 and 2015, they continued to promote that event. In 2016 they decided to move their event to St George Utah, with much success. I believe that they have mentioned some intentions to come back and do it again in Eureka. Their departure left the West Coast with no Spyder Event. So a group of us with SRA Sacramento decided that we would keep the fires burning on the West Coast with the Nor-Cal Spyder Rally. So technically we are a competing event. We need to schedule things when we do for weather purposes so that it is not too hot. Many people went to both last year. Our event is the new kid on the block and we hope we can be as successful as Red Rock Rally when we grow up! BTW, since he was mentioned, Fred Rau was at the inaugural Nor-Cal Spyder Rally and said, "This was the best first year Rally he had ever attended!" Hope to see you there, registration is still open!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default Well

We have folks from Ca, NV, UT, BC, so far. It is quite a haul to get from NY! PA etc.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Is that your dog looking wistfully out the window awaiting your return?
    No------ At 170 lb. the Great Dane is looking at a deer to eat. Actually they were breed to hunt wild bore. But I had a father and daughter that teamed up on a horse.

No body get close to the house without a bark that will wake the dead.

His name is Kaos.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.

Spyder Garage

Who is going to this? So far, it looks like everyone signed up is from the West Coast and Nevada and nowhere else.
    Well as a BC resident, and going down for the second year, I can't show it. As Canada is not on the map they provided.

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

Default Well

Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    Well as a BC resident, and going down for the second year, I can't show it. As Canada is not on the map they provided.
    We need to fix that!

Spyder Garage

Signed up for NCSR and the Red Rock Rally. Went to Red Rock last year and had a blast. Missed NCSR last year, went to Spyders in the Ozarks, that was a lot of fun. Can't wait to see old friends and maybe make some new ones.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Spyder Garage

Default AZ

Who is going to this? So far, it looks like everyone signed up is from the West Coast and Nevada and nowhere else.
    I plan on going again this year from AZ

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Anyone from Utah going to this?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

We looked in on this last year and it was fun, but why is it so high priced at $60 for each person? I have been to GWRRA stuff and those are running around $25 per person.
    Just ask'en

The Wife's 2014 RTS SE6
    New tires: Back, KUMHO ECSTA 225/50 R15 (24psi) @ 9,380 miles, Fronts, KUMHO SOLUS KH16 175/55 R15 (20 psi) @ 9,421 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    We looked in on this last year and it was fun, but why is it so high priced at $60 for each person? I have been to GWRRA stuff and those are running around $25 per person.
    Just ask'en
    I read somewhere that because Can-am did their homecoming this year, they aren't sponsoring any events, so the price went up.... just what I read

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    Glo-riders
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

Default You Are Correct

Last year we were able to receive a large donation from BRP. We were one of 7 BRP sponsored "Owners Events" in 2016. This paid for much of our overhead, and un-like many of the other Rally organizers, we are a Non-Profit organization and we made no money on the deal last year. Therefor, we have to charge a bit more for the event. We are hoping that BRP will be back with sponsorship next year, and we can adjust the pricing. BTW, BRP will be in attendance again this year, and have made a nice commitment for "Drawing Prizes" for this years rally.

BTW you can expect an exciting announcement at this years Rally about next years location, new location, brand new exciting rydes and much more!

fromBRP

Spyder Garage

What is the schedule for this year?

The Wife's 2014 RTS SE6
    New tires: Back, KUMHO ECSTA 225/50 R15 (24psi) @ 9,380 miles, Fronts, KUMHO SOLUS KH16 175/55 R15 (20 psi) @ 9,421 miles

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    What is the schedule for this year?
    Good point. I don't see one at their website https://sites.google.com/site/norcalspyderrally/home
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Well

Registration will be on Tuesday all day. There will be rydes that you can go on that day either self led or guided (times to be finalized and will be available at registration). There will be a meet and greet on Tuesday evening at the hotel. Vendors will be available Tuesday (great time to get Squared Away)

Wednesday, group breakfast followed by Led Rydes, Zio Lines, Vendors, and Self Led Rydes. Wednesday Dinner is open to do what you want.

Thursday Rydes again, vendors, and Closing Dinner with lots of Prizes.

More to come!

Spyder Garage

Pirate,

One of the requests I put for last year was place to wash the bikes, for those of us coming a distance. Do you know if that's is possible?

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    Glo-riders
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

I believe that we will be making that happen! But a little bit of Lamonster's Black Diamond Detailer works pretty good. That is what we used after ryding to Valcourt this year!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    I believe that we will be making that happen!
    Thanx

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    Glo-riders
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    I believe that we will be making that happen! But a little bit of Lamonster's Black Diamond Detailer works pretty good. That is what we used after ryding to Valcourt this year!
    Or, just point us to the nearest car wash...

There is a hotel in Salmon, Idaho that caters to motorcyclists by providing designated, protected parking and a hose and cloths to clean the bike. Probably other hotels do as well. It's a nice touch, I think.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Best Western

Or, just point us to the nearest car wash...

There is a hotel in Salmon, Idaho that caters to motorcyclists by providing designated, protected parking and a hose and cloths to clean the bike. Probably other hotels do as well. It's a nice touch, I think.
    The Best Western chain has been doing this at most of their motels for years. Most of the ones on our recent trip to south Dakota ( Hill City) did this. Some even supply a micro-fiber cloth for polishing. Breakfast included in the price of the room .

Kaos

Spyder Garage

This is true..... yet I did not raise prices for the Red Rock Spyder Rally event. Just saying!

Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    I read somewhere that because Can-am did their homecoming this year, they aren't sponsoring any events, so the price went up.... just what I read
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue