Spyder Garage

Default 14 RTS compressor

Got the dreaded MANUAL on the screen when I tried to raise the rear shock. Dealer going to change it when it comes in. Only got 7100 miles on it.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the compressor club. Ask the dealer if you can have the old compressor. Take it apart and see if it has a loose setscrew on the crankshaft or if it has bad brushes. Just curious.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

i was told by my dealer that the compressors that are being changed now are a new design with a
    new part #.brp told that to the service manager. true or bs? i dont know
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

Mine went out last week at around 59,000 miles. New ones in and working well. I hope it last longer than the first one!

Sure glad it happened before my extended warranty ran out.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

did they mention anything about a new and improved version ?
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

Default IT MAKES A GREAT TIRE INFLATER

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpot View Post
    Welcome to the compressor club. Ask the dealer if you can have the old compressor. Take it apart and see if it has a loose setscrew on the crankshaft or if it has bad brushes. Just curious.
    Mine just had a STUCK brush!!!! I now use it as a 12volt tire inflator

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by irvin48 View Post
    did they mention anything about a new and improved version ?
    Nothing said about it being an updated unit, and he had to order it in so it was not a unit that was sitting on his shelf for a long time.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
    Got the dreaded MANUAL on the screen when I tried to raise the rear shock. Dealer going to change it when it comes in. Only got 7100 miles on it.
    My dealer just replaced the instrument cluster on my RT-S two weeks ago. When I pushed the switch to adjust the air the screen where the five little boxes are turned orange and says manual. When I questioned it I was told that was the way the new clusters where and that I had to hold it to inflate or to deflate, which is a PITA. It does inflate/deflate as long as I hold it. Are they feeding me a line of crap and that thing has crapped the bed?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jheck View Post
    My dealer just replaced the instrument cluster on my RT-S two weeks ago. When I pushed the switch to adjust the air the screen where the five little boxes are turned orange and says manual. When I questioned it I was told that was the way the new clusters where and that I had to hold it to inflate or to deflate, which is a PITA. It does inflate/deflate as long as I hold it. Are they feeding me a line of crap and that thing has crapped the bed?
    So I answered my own question. I got out the owners manual and read thru it. Orange screen with manual in it means there's a problem! So the mechanic was full of crap! So next week means a ride back to the dealership and a what the Hells going on conversation.
    I'm getting a little irate about this bike so far this year, in the last 6 weeks really, the DESS system was replaced( sat in the shop for three weeks) back the next week for instrument cluster, and now this. I love riding my Spyder, but I haven't had a bike with this many bull **** problems, with only 10,000 miles on it since my Trumph and Harly days of the 60's and 70's. makes me wonder what's down the road. Hope this will be the last of it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I hear you.....

I've had issues with my compressor and air ride system since day one. During that time the dealership replaced employees and closed out my active case with BRP. I finally got another case opened with the new service manager and now the dealers service department went up in flames last week. Who knows how long now until they'll be back in business. Darn! I feel bad for the owners and the employees because a fire can end up being a business breaker. Now my problem seem miniscule compared the dealership's problems and BRP could even care less. Next closest dealer is 3 hours away and my warrantee comes to an end in two weeks.

Spyder Garage

Air Compressor replaced under warranty. Full service done. Thanks to Jason, Ben, and entrie service team at Westcoast powersports in Clearwater fl. For a Great job.
    Ken and Denise Holmes.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default ME TOO!!!!

2014 RT Limited, My compressor went out to, around 7300 miles. When I bought my Spyder there was a promotional 3 year BEST warranty. Shop called today and said the compressor is under warranty but not the labor. I read the pamphlet I got, it didn't say one way or the other about labor being covered. I did see where all but $50 for parts cost.
    Does the BEST warranty cover labor? How much labor should I expect to pay for if it doesn't cover the labor? Is the compressor a quick delivery as far as parts, I know my shop doesn't have any in stock?

I know, a lot of questions. My wife loves riding on back and she's biting at the bit sitting in this nice weather.

UPDATE 9/8/17. Pick my Spyder up last night. Just paid the $50 deductible on the BEST warranty and I went ahead and had them do a full service. So total bill was $251 until my wife saw the sale on Can-Am cloths!! Seems to be working correctly, will know more after our trip this weekend.
    By the way, All Seasons Powersports have killer deals on Can-Am shirts and Coats right now. I paid $5 a piece for 3 t-shirts.
    Last edited by 94gnatsum; 09-08-2017 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Update

Spyder Garage

Mine went bad and I had mine replaced under the BEST for $50.00. No labor. I think they are pulling the wool over your eyes. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 94gnatsum View Post
    2014 RT Limited, My compressor went out to, around 7300 miles. When I bought my Spyder there was a promotional 3 year BEST warranty. Shop called today and said the compressor is under warranty but not the labor. I read the pamphlet I got, it didn't say one way or the other about labor being covered. I did see where all but $50 for parts cost.
    Does the BEST warranty cover labor? How much labor should I expect to pay for if it doesn't cover the labor? Is the compressor a quick delivery as far as parts, I know my shop doesn't have any in stock?

I know, a lot of questions. My wife loves riding on back and she's biting at the bit sitting in this nice weather.
    They are wrong, do not pay them labor. If you in fact have the BEST warranty you only pay $50. And I've always paid just $50 even if I brought it in for multiple unrelated warranty issues. Ask them to call BRP or tell them you will but you are not going to pay them labor.

As for delivery it depends sometimes they get parts to dealers pretty quickly and other times they get hung up in customs. It can also depend on how quickly your dealer places the order. Good luck and be sure to come back and let us know how you made out.

If you didn't leave your Spyder at the shop you can always air up the air bag with the schrader valve under the seat.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default compressor issues

My compressor is running pretty constant and I made an appointment with my dealer for Thursday 8/31 to check it. I have a extended warranty but it is not specific as I read the paperwork but I do not have a deductible. I hope it is a simple fix. Thanks for the information posted previous. I have a 2013 RT with 30,000 on it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by khromegal View Post
    My compressor is running pretty constant and I made an appointment with my dealer for Thursday 8/31 to check it. I have a extended warranty but it is not specific as I read the paperwork but I do not have a deductible. I hope it is a simple fix. Thanks for the information posted previous. I have a 2013 RT with 30,000 on it.
    Apparently there is a module that tells the compressor when to run and that had gone bad resulting in damaging the compressor. Good news it's covered and should be fixed once they get the module in.