Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder ryders in Utah - are there enough of us to start a group?

I only know of one other person from Utah (Pegasus) who is active on this forum. Are there any others?

Utah has 2 small chapters of the Spyder Ryders organization (Salt Lake City and St. George) and I don't think any of those members are active on this forum (other than Pegasus), but I could be wrong.

The Red Rock Spyder Rally next month in St. George is sponsored by a SpyderGirl and there have been a couple of threads related to that event. Utah is definitely a destination for many motorcycle groups, including Spyder ryders. I'm just thinking we should have more rides going on than we do. Also, there are some really good Can-Am dealers in the state that could use our active support.

Let me hear from other Utah-based ryders and let's see if we can get some more rydes going on in our beautiful state. Thanks.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 08-07-2017 at 07:46 PM. Reason: update
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I only know of one other person from Utah (Pegasus) who is active on this forum. Are there any others? We have 2 small chapters of Spyder Ryders (Salt Lake City and St. George) and I don't think any of those members are on this forum, but I could be wrong. Also, the Red Rock Spyder Rally next month in St. George is sponsored by a Utah-based couple but I don't see any posts on here about it. Just wondering if we could generate some more interest in Utah for Spyder events, rides, etc. There are some really good Can-Am dealers in the state that could use some active support, also. Thanks.
    SpyderGirl is on this forum and has posted a thread about her Red Rock Spyder Rally.

Any others forum members in Utah?
    Last edited by UtahPete; 08-05-2017 at 10:44 AM. Reason: update
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

There is a guy from down in Hurricane that is selling a real nice 2014 RTL. He posts here. And a couple of others from the St.George area (Utah Geezer) that post once in a while that are members of Southern Utah Spyder Rider of America. In Salt Lake, Safety Man Tom post here once in a while.

So why do want to start a new club rather then work with the current Spyder Rider chapter already in Salt Lake? Just wondering?
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 08-04-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Depends....

Little checking in members found 81 in Utah. Probably many more non members. narrow the search for where they concentrate. Check local dealers also..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Little checking in members found 81 in Utah. Probably many more non members. narrow the search for where they concentrate. Check local dealers also..
    Yeah, how did you do that (find just Utah-located members on this forum)? That would be helpful. Thanks.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 08-06-2017 at 09:12 AM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The St. George/Hurricane group is very active in the cooler months. They have a pretty large group.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    The St. George/Hurricane group is very active in the cooler months. They have a pretty large group.
    Yes, I've done a few rides with them. I don't think any of their leadership or members are on this forum though. Same with the Greater Salt Lake chapter (except for Katlyn of course)
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    And a couple of others from the St.George area (Utah Geezer) that post once in a while that are members of Southern Utah Spyder Rider of America. In Salt Lake, Safety Man Tom post here once in a while. So why do want to start a new club rather then work with the current Spyder Rider chapter already in Salt Lake? Just wondering?
    That's a good question. I don't want to start a club as much as identify active ryders that would be interested in staying in touch informally to arrange occasional group rides, ride together to rallies, etc. On another thread I've asked if people belong to a club and if so how do they operate. You'll notice several very successful groups or clubs are more informal than the SRA-connected clubs. I'm not into meetings and charity rides and a lot of other things both Utah clubs seem to prioritize over riding, so I'm trying this instead.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

bump
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Yes, I've done a few rides with them. I don't think any of their leadership or members are on this forum though. Same with the Greater Salt Lake chapter (except for Katlyn of course)
    and me with GSLSRA and Utah Geezer out of St.George

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

and me with GSLSRA and Utah Geezer out of St.George
    Oh, I didn't realize you were part of SRA-GSL. Are you going to their BBQ next Sunday?

Who is UtahGeezer? I might have met him at a So. Utah SRA ride or meeting.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I don't know who he is. I think the picnic was today, but no I didn't go Sundays are out for me.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't know who he is. I think the picnic was today, but no I didn't go Sundays are out for me.
    I just realized where Spring City is located. Near Fairview. Have gone through that area many times, including when the Park City Motorcycle Club did their 4-pass ride, including Nebo, Huntington Canyon, Indian Canyon and Wolf's Pass. 315 Miles; 6.0 hrs. ride time; 7-8 hrs trip time.

We'll have to put together a ride sometime (but not on Sunday!)
    Last edited by UtahPete; 08-06-2017 at 07:58 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I only know of one other person from Utah (Pegasus) who is active on this forum. Are there any others? Utah has 2 small chapters of the Spyder Ryders organization (Salt Lake City and St. George) and I don't think any of those members are active on this forum (other than Pegasus), but I could be wrong. The Red Rock Spyder Rally next month in St. George is sponsored by a SpyderGirl and there have been a couple of threads related to that event. Utah is definitely a destination for many motorcycle groups, including Spyder ryders. I'm just thinking we should have more rides going on than we do. Also, there are some really good Can-Am dealers in the state that could use our active support. Let me hear from other Utah-based ryders and let's see if we can get some more rydes going on in our beautiful state. Thanks.
    Updated original post a little.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm truly surprised at how few of us on the forum (actively I guess) are from Utah. Oh, well. Keep trying!
    2014 RTL Platinum