Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Monster Fuel Injection flash

Steve from Monster Fuel Injection flashed my F3 ECU and I have been riding 500 miles with the new set-up. It has been real blast to drive my Spyder now, it is pulling so hard from the start that it is hard to hold the handles. Bike has steady pull from 0-120 mph and the throttle response is much better than before. It has released the beast and I can now feel the 1330 cc motor performing as it should. The bike has become live now and you can feel the change through whole rpm range. I also noticed that bike rides much smoother, especially on the first gear. I would like to thank Steve for the support and the flash. Best upgrade for 350 USD that I have done for my bike. The best thing is that the fuel consumption haven`t changed a bit although I have been driving my F3 really hard.

PS. I noticed that nanny doesn`t kick in when the wheels do some sliding in the corners. Before it used to cut me off right away. I now need to do some improvements to my F3 (buy some better front tires, shocks + Baja Ron sway bar), because I am able to go through corners in much higher speeds than before.

Thanks again Steve for waking up my Spyder!

Allan

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TIRE INFO

Quote Originally Posted by AllanSpyder View Post
    Steve from Monster Fuel Injection flashed my F3 ECU and I have been riding 500 miles with the new set-up. It has been real blast to drive my Spyder now, it is pulling so hard from the start that it is hard to hold the handles. Bike has steady pull from 0-120 mph and the throttle response is much better than before. It has released the beast and I can now feel the 1330 cc motor performing as it should. The bike has become live now and you can feel the change through whole rpm range. I also noticed that bike rides much smoother, especially on the first gear. I would like to thank Steve for the support and the flash. Best upgrade for 350 USD that I have done for my bike. The best thing is that the fuel consumption haven`t changed a bit although I have been driving my F3 really hard.

PS. I noticed that nanny doesn`t kick in when the wheels do some sliding in the corners. Before it used to cut me off right away. I now need to do some improvements to my F3 (buy some better front tires, shocks + Baja Ron sway bar), because I am able to go through corners in much higher speeds than before.

Allan
    .....Thanks for the report ...... and the " STICKIEST " tires I have used on a Spyder were Toyo Proxes - T 1 R in 185-55 -15's .... you will probably have to SHIM out the wheels from the Hubs for clearance, but it will be worth the effort ................. Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks....

Nice to have reviews on these kind of upgrades. Know many are watching to see how it all works out with the other components of the spyders inner workings...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .....Thanks for the report ...... and the " STICKIEST " tires I have used on a Spyder were Toyo Proxes - T 1 R in 185-55 -15's .... you will probably have to SHIM out the wheels from the Hubs for clearance, but it will be worth the effort ................. Mike
    Thanks for the advice! I have Toyo Proxes T1R on the back and in dry condition this tire runs great. I agree that 185-55-15 would be good good choice and these Toyo tires is easy to get in Europe.

Allan

Spyder Garage

Allan
    I've seen some figures on other threads around this topic, but would you mind sharing what you listed on the request form for your setup to achieve this flash? I myself have a 2015 F3-S and am very interested in this process Thanks in advance and congrats on the new performance!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trobbins27 View Post
    I've seen some figures on other threads around this topic, but would you mind sharing what you listed on the request form for your setup to achieve this flash? I myself have a 2015 F3-S and am very interested in this process Thanks in advance and congrats on the new performance!
    Im also interested. Not sure what to do 1st. Ecu, sway bar, cat delete, rear shock, drag bar or chopped rear fenferfender?

Spyder Garage

I sent my order details to you.

Allan

Spyder Garage

I sent my order details to you.

Allan
    Is it a PM? Not seeing it...

Spyder Garage

I re-send it a minute ago.

Is it a PM? Not seeing it...

Spyder Garage

I re-send it a minute ago.
    Got it, thanks

Spyder Garage

I have made it easy. And just updated flash form to reflect this.

Stage 1 flash. (current only released option)

User choice of stock 8100rpm limiter or 8600 rpm

91+ octane fuel or 100+ octane fuel.

Mapping works for all combinations of complete stock exhaust, cat delete / bypass and / or free flow muffler. You can even change parts around and see what you like about the subtle differences between sound vs torque curve. Personal preference.

Notes about fuel / octane.

Minimum 91 is recommended.

You can use 87 in a pinch. But stay below 1/2 throttle. This can safely get you home or where your going with no ill effects. After 91 is back in - have at it again.

92, 93, 94, 95 octane can all be used. And should increase overall running and power output. Results will vary as fuel quality does. (Rather its ethanol based, crap additives or derived form different regions of Canada, USA or the world) One BIG problem is that expensive premium gas in certain regions can be a slow seller. So if it sits around in tanks for months - its probably no better than 91 (or even 89 or 87) So always buy your premium from a busy station.

In any event,
    All the benefits are gotten just from reinstalling ecu and driving with whatever 89+ fuel is in tank. People who spend a lot of time on their bikes and are sensitive to how it runs. Will notice the subtle differences in which fuel "their" bike likes best. Run what it likes. Or run what your pocket like paying for.

100+ is race use and fairly rare. But there are weekend warriors that do and would run straight race gas or oxygenated and just want as much as possible. Sometimes the smell is just nice.