Spyder Garage

Default Antenna for a rear box

I have a f3-t. I am considering installing a box on the rear cargo rack that I recently installed. The radio antenna is in the way. Does the manufacture or anyone else make an adapter so that I can relocate the antenna to the box?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLL NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonman View Post
    I have a f3-t. I am considering installing a box on the rear cargo rack that I recently installed. The radio antenna is in the way. Does the manufacture or anyone else make an adapter so that I can relocate the antenna to the box?
    .. After I broke the oem ant on my RT I replaced it with a fully retractable auto antennae .... I think the reception improved ...... got it on E-bay .......... Mike

Spyder Garage

Is it just a standard auto antenna?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ANTENNA

Is it just a standard auto antenna?
    ..It was either Bosch or a Sochee (?) just an ordinary manual collapsible Antenna.... extended it is about 40 inches , you do need 9 inches under the upper mounting seal ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ..It was either Bosch or a Sochee (?) just an ordinary manual collapsible Antenna.... extended it is about 40 inches , you do need 9 inches under the upper mounting seal ..... Mike
    Mike, I broke my antenna on this last trip (from putting the cover on and off I think). So, now I'm looking into options to replace it and came across this thread. Was that an RT you installed yours on? You mention 9" clearance below the grommet; did you have to change anything to install that disappearing antenna?

Thanks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default antenna

I purchased the top case separately and it came with the antenna ground cable and a cable harness for lights, cargo latch, usb power outlet and antenna extension. You have to drill new holes in the case to relocate the antenna.
    I just took mine loose at the mount and laid it down flat under the seat because I don't use the radio and was not about to drill holes in my $1200 top case.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Spyder Garage

Default Antenna remount

Quote Originally Posted by rays hell View Post
    I purchased the top case separately and it came with the antenna ground cable and a cable harness for lights, cargo latch, usb power outlet and antenna extension. You have to drill new holes in the case to relocate the antenna.
    I just took mine loose at the mount and laid it down flat under the seat because I don't use the radio and was not about to drill holes in my $1200 top case.

YEAH THAT I also mounted a factory top case on my F3T and slid the antenna under both seats for the same reason and it works just as well as it did when exposed.
    Rick & Kathy
    Ellis County TX

Spyder Garage

Well old Mr. perfect here was trying to put a Harley half cover on and finally snapped the antennae off. I replaced with a shortie off of Ebay. Works well

for me. I hardly listen to AM/FM. Normally listed to XM through Bluetooth 665 and XM 40 antennae.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Well old Mr. perfect here was trying to put a Harley half cover on and finally snapped the antennae off.
    I did the same with a Spyder half-cover, so it has nothing to do with the incompatibility of the brands!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy76065 View Post
    YEAH THAT I also mounted a factory top case on my F3T and slid the antenna under both seats for the same reason and it works just as well as it did when exposed.
    You are absolutely right. I got Spotify and am able to listen offline. No need for a shorty antenna, it won't break under the seat.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Spyder Garage

Default Antenna

Quote Originally Posted by rays hell View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I did the same with mine. Thanks again

Spyder Garage

Yes they do. And very proud of it also. $32! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Default Antenna with wide top box

I just installed a larger top box form my C14 (has all of my rally stickers on it) on my 2016 Ltd using the Backer rack. This rack BTW works better than the pictures give it credit. Anyway, since the antenna has a spring base, I just moved it to the side. Everything still works great and the reception if fine.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Mike, I broke my antenna on this last trip (from putting the cover on and off I think). So, now I'm looking into options to replace it and came across this thread. Was that an RT you installed yours on? You mention 9" clearance below the grommet; did you have to change anything to install that disappearing antenna?

Thanks.
    Forget the antenna's that require a metal surface for the magnetic antenna---the round frame doesn't cut it
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I found out my antenna works great if I can get my wife to hold it up high in her right hand
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black