Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Experience with Cosmo

The Cosmo prototype was available for inspection at the most recent Chicago Motorcycle Show. I had the opportunity to personally view the demonstration. To my knowledge, the unit is self contained and only activates when forward motion ceases. That is the way it appeared to me. The additional functions were supposed to be available for a small monthly fee, but I don't believe those services had any bearing on the brake light functionality of the unit, nor do I believe there were any wireless attachments feeding signals from the bike to the unit. It all seemed very straightforward.

Further, it was explained that one would purchase an additional magnetic mount to transfer the unit from a solo operator to a passenger, rather than the operator and the passenger each having their own unit. Think about it, would you want to be the passenger and have the red light on the rear of the operator's helmet flashing in your face every time the cycle decelerated?

I hope this helps. I have been patiently waiting for US marketing of the product.

Spyder Garage

I just received my Plug N Play Gear Brake module for my '15 RT-S. Looks like an easy install if I can find the correct connector to put this into........ not sure when I will install, but will report the results.....

Spyder Garage

I went ahead and ordered myself an Admore Smart Brake Light, which operates on deceleration, independent of need to touch brake pedal. They were extremely quick to ship and it already has arrived. Hope to get it installed shortly and will be happy to post a review. I decided on this item after comparing with others mentioned (Gear Brake, Vololights, Volomod); liked the looks as well as the ability to set up and also change via computer.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Just heard back from Vectolabs, makers of Vololights and Volomod. Unfortunately, the first won't work on the F3, and the second needs significant modification. Here is the reply:

"Hello Roger,
    Thank you for your interest in our products!
    well, the vololights is not an option for your bike, we had some customers found out that the swing arm vibrates way to much causing false positives, making the unit flash constantly.
    You could use the volomod but your bike is on Canbus system, and because of this we cant insert any signal into your stock (OEM) lights, so you would need to find a 12V switched source to power up the unit and get some LEDs to use as output instead of your turn signals. Some of our customers get LEDs from Custom dynamics and attach them to our volomod. but unfortunately our volomod is out of stock.
    Does anyone know if this is true for the RT?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by El Dorado View Post
    I just received my Plug N Play Gear Brake module for my '15 RT-S. Looks like an easy install if I can find the correct connector to put this into........ not sure when I will install, but will report the results.....
    Follow up? Update please.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    I went ahead and ordered myself an Admore Smart Brake Light, which operates on deceleration, independent of need to touch brake pedal. They were extremely quick to ship and it already has arrived. Hope to get it installed shortly and will be happy to post a review. I decided on this item after comparing with others mentioned (Gear Brake, Vololights, Volomod); liked the looks as well as the ability to set up and also change via computer.
    Installed yet? Results?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Custom Dynamics offers an adjustable brake light flasher for the RT,
    https://www.customdynamics.com/magic...yder-rt?cat=61. Yes, you do have to tp the brake pedal to activate it but it has 10 flash patterns and can be added to a high mounted brake light if you have one.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PocoToro View Post
    Hi I'll throw in my $0.02

As an electrical, mechanical, and refrigeration diagnostician and all around problem solver.

"The vololights is not an option for your bike, we had some customers found out that the swing arm vibrates way to much causing false positives"

I can see this being a very true statement for the F3 and F3s. The plate is mounted to the swing arm.
    The Vololights might work on a F3/s with the chopped rear fender kit. The license plate mounts to the body.

The F3t and F3 Limited Is very different with mounting the license plate to the body just above the mud flap. So in my opinion the Vololights will work on a F3t or F3 Limited. (97% accuracy)

Oh look they take pay-pal "click"

I'll keep you up dated, PocoToro

Ok Time for the review....Yes the Vololights License plate frame does work on a Spyder F3T/L. Had a tailgater last weekend, I down shifted and they backed off. Had a friend riding behind say it worked "real good"
    The question for the RT. It should, license plate mounts the same.
    I'm not going to try the F3 F3s, but I will say that the swing arm is going to be too bouncy.

PocoToro