Spyder Garage

Default Nashua NH ryder here

Just bought a used 2010 Spyder RS w/ 16K on it. Drove it roughly 700 miles so far and loving it. Getting used to the 990cc's wanting to rev so high but getting used to the 3 wheels and enjoying it so much.

Does anyone else have a 990cc? If so, i hear they like to rev higher than the 1330's..... any input or feedback?

Spyder Garage

&

I also have one, is yours a manual or semi auto? The revs are not as important with the manual.
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    &

I also have one, is yours a manual or semi auto? The revs are not as important with the manual.

I have the 2010 RS manual. I was told i had to keep it over 4000 but to me that seems loud. I don't mind but want to make sure i don't go too low and 'lug' the engine or hurt the clutch. Just want to be sure I'm ok if i kept it around 3,500 or so when cruising. Shifting is when i keep it closer to 4,000-4,500.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by marcs0809 View Post
    I have the 2010 RS manual. I was told i had to keep it over 4000 but to me that seems loud. I don't mind but want to make sure i don't go too low and 'lug' the engine or hurt the clutch. Just want to be sure I'm ok if i kept it around 3,500 or so when cruising. Shifting is when i keep it closer to 4,000-4,500.
    Lugging is bad try to avoid that. I cruse at 3500 and shift between 4 and 5000 higher when getting on the highway, I have had it up to 9000.
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    Lugging is bad try to avoid that. I cruse at 3500 and shift between 4 and 5000 higher when getting on the highway, I have had it up to 9000.
    Sounds good to me. Having an aftermarket exhaust it sounds a bit loud and definitely louder than those with the 1330ccs but I have been shifting where you are and driving around 3,500-4k. Being new though i just wanted to be sure that shifting at 4k is good enough but knowing you can go higher is nice too.