Spyder Garage

Question 2012 RT-Ltd Rear Shock

Hello from a Noob 2012 RT Ltd owner. I'm confused about the rear air shock. I've got the rocker button on the dash, to adjust the suspension. I just noticed a Schrader air valve under the seat. Am I supposed to use the valve in conjunction with the switch or are they two different items?
    Thanks in advance for any help that I may get on this.

Spyder Garage

You have an auto leveling system on you Limited. The rocker switch stiffens or softens the suspension.
    You have a gauge on the screen that tells you where you are. You can manually adjust the suspension with the schrader valve if you want. If you still have it you can (and should) read the owners manual.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    You have an auto leveling system on you Limited. The rocker switch stiffens or softens the suspension.
    You have a gauge on the screen that tells you where you are. You can manually adjust the suspension with the schrader valve if you want. If you still have it you can (and should) read the owners manual.
    Thanks for the reply. I don't have a manual or that would have been my first resource. I will be xure to find one.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default AIR SHOCK

Just some information .... the Spyder doesn't have an Air Shock ..... but it does have an Air Bag that assists the shock absorber....... and what was said above is true ......... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default REAR SUSPENSION

What are most people running for air pressure in your rear suspension. Riding 1 up
    ?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLL NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT

Quote Originally Posted by FIGMENT View Post
    What are most people running for air pressure in your rear suspension. Riding 1 up
    ?
    , Only you know your weight and the way you drive most of the time, and this is what should determine the PSI in the air bag ..... there are guide lines on a sticker by your Schrader valve under the seat ..... but they are guide lines only ..... Unlike the PSI you have in your tires ..... the air bag PSI can be anything that feels good for you ..... if you base the PSI on what others use, you may NEVER get it to what YOU like ..... you should experiment with different psi's until you are happy .........jmho .... Mike