Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Hot wire when the ignition switch is on

Where on the Can Am Spyder Roadster is a place to connect a wire to run to the dash that is hot when the ignition switch is on. I have run a wire direct from the battery up to the dash for a power port and also under the seat for my Gerbing heated liner. I also need a connect hot only when the switch is on. It is 2015 Spyder Roadster RT.
    Last edited by gerald37; 07-30-2017 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Give the model

Spyder Garage

I'm sorry, I can't answer your question but giving the year and model of Spyder might help those who may have the answer(s).
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Check in the fuse panel (right side). Look at #7 and #8. I forget which is which, but one or the other is what you need.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Wirleing

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Check in the fuse panel (right side). Look at #7 and #8. I forget which is which, but one or the other is what you need.
    Thank you for your reply. I will check.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gerald37 View Post
    Where on the Can Am Spyder Roadster is a place to connect a wire to run to the dash that is hot when the ignition switch is on. I have run a wire direct from the battery up to the dash for a power port and also under the seat for my Gerbing heated liner. I also need a connect hot only when the switch is on. It is 2015 Spyder Roadster RT.
    What kind of load are you planning on attaching to it? There aren't any readily accessible wires that are switched that are made to carry anything more than about 2 to 5 amps above what's already connected.

Your best best is an add-on fuse box that has both switched and unswitched power connections.

Suggestion: buy a service manual from canammanuals.com. The wiring diagrams in them make life a lot easier!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

he may need a hot wire to power a relay or add-on multi-circuit box.
    The add-on fuse box mentioned uses the switched hot.
    In either case, load is minimal-just to trigger the device on when the key is on.
    Not unusual, keyed hot is used often in that application.