Spyder Garage

Default RDL Seat for 2014-17 RT

I'm selling my Russell Day-Long seat from my 2016 RT. This seat will fit any 2014-2017 RT. it's black leather with titanium diamond inserts and both rider and passenger are heated. It includes a rider backrest that adjusts and I'm also including the passenger backrest as well. Please note, the passenger backrest was built extra tall and when installed keeps the top box from opening. The seat was designed for riders in the 150# - 230# weight range and is their standard size.

I paid $1850.00 brand new and the seat is in excellent condition, I'll sell it for $1200.00 not including shipping. if you know these seats you know they're extremely comfortable and the lead time is several months on a new order along with providing them your seat pan. PM me with any questions, i'm located in Minnesota near MinneapolisIMG_1026.jpgIMG_1024.jpg.

Mark
    2016 Spyder F3-L Special Series
    2016 Spyder RT Special Series

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But why are you selling it?
    (If I may ask...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Why o Why you ask Bob?

I just traded for a leftover 2016 F3-L and try as I might, that darn seat won't fit. So, it's off to another loving home hopefully.

mark

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Questions

I was under the impression that the RDL seat was custom built seat. Requiring photos of you/passenger on the trike with height, weight and inseam measurements.Can the passenger backrest be exchanged for one that allows the top box to be opened, or would a replacement need to be ordered from RDL?????? What would shipping to 46260 be?????
    Thanks,
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    I was under the impression that the RDL seat was custom built seat. Requiring photos of you/passenger on the trike with height, weight and inseam measurements.Can the passenger backrest be exchanged for one that allows the top box to be opened, or would a replacement need to be ordered from RDL?????? What would shipping to 46260 be?????
    Thanks,
    Mike

Mike

You are correct sir, but it's not quite the exact science they market (ya gotta love the marketing folks). The suspension system is designed for a rider weight of 150# - 230#, if you don't meet that or exceed that they reduce / add foam, it's a broad range as you can see. If you fall outside of their inseam, arm and handle bar reach norms they will adjust per your riding style and bar selection. I fell into the middle of the pack, I'm 5'8", 30" inseam, 190# with a 34" sleeve length so no special build was required other than the backrest, while they wanted photos, at the end of the day they were not picky about what i sent them.

Regarding customization, case in point, they built up a supplied Ultimate backrest for my wife, but it's still the standard Ultimate backrest they built up higher. Regarding the backrest, you have three options: Keep the backrest you have in black vinyl, send them that rest and have them recover in leather to match, ask them if they can re-sculpt the one they built for me which I'll include. Dunno about shipping, if your committed to this, i'll get a quote.

Mark

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mike,
    That seat would look AMAZING on your bike!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MKrone View Post
    I'm selling my Russell Day-Long seat from my 2016 RT. This seat will fit any 2014-2017 RT. it's black leather with titanium diamond inserts and both rider and passenger are heated. It includes a rider backrest that adjusts and I'm also including the passenger backrest as well. Please note, the passenger backrest was built extra tall and when installed keeps the top box from opening. The seat was designed for riders in the 150# - 230# weight range and is their standard size.

I paid $1850.00 brand new and the seat is in excellent condition, I'll sell it for $1200.00 not including shipping. if you know these seats you know they're extremely comfortable and the lead time is several months on a new order along with providing them your seat pan. PM me with any questions, i'm located in Minnesota near MinneapolisIMG_1024.jpg
    Was this built onto your stock seat pan? Does it provide any additional leg room over the OEM seat? Thanks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default RDL Seat

Pete

The RDL was built onto an RT seat I provided, that's how RDL always does it versus Corbin who provides the pan. I feel and others that have sat on the seat felt that there was more leg room, keep in mind I only have a 30" inseam so it wasn't a problem in the first place.

mk

Spyder Garage

Bumping this up.