Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default New 2016 F3-T: Rattling?

My new 2016 F3-T only has about 880 miles on it right now. I'm hearing a rattling sound - almost like a sheet of paper or plastic buffeted by the wind - when I hit between approx 38-48 mph. Engine speed is in the 3500-4000 rpm range when this happens. It's especially noticeable when I'm off the throttle or at constant speed (not accelerating).

It sounds like it's coming from the front of the Spyder, but I can't be 100% sure. I've made sure that the frunk and storage in the back are all locked down, and I've emptied them out completely. The only things that I had left in "storage" was my registration and insurance card in the glove box. But the rattling didn't go away.

Is it possible that there's something loose where the audio system would go? (My F3-T has no audio system, but it has the plastic screens that would cover the speakers. However, I've detected no vibration or rattling on these screens). Mirrors don't seem to be vibrating either, as the image I see in them is clear.

Any thoughts on what I'm hearing, and/or how to narrow down possible causes? Or is this sound normal as part of wind noise at that speed?

Thanks!
    Last edited by newbert; 07-26-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Rattle

I have a 2016 F3 Limited that had the same noise. Discovered it was coming from the mirrors. The cover doesn't fit tight enough. I just used some small pieces of foam when I put them back on...problem solved..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My F3 had a rattling noise. turned out to be the front right fender was loose