Spyder Garage

Default How to bypass the compressor

I'm having problems with the compressor activating numerous times. Don't think I have a leak. I saw on a few threads about bypassing the compressor and just maintaining air pressure through the valve under the seat. Need to know how this is done. they say its a quick cheap fix.

This seams good to me. One feature of my spyder I don't need. I just want to set it and forget it! (other than checking it from time to time.)

Any instructions out there? Any downside like screwing up the computer?

Thanks

Live the life you love, love the life you live.

Spyder Garage

Default Accept it

I had the compressor system installed as option. I immediately noticed that it cycled on fairly frequently. The dealer said that this was normal. The compressor is activated by a ride height switch and is adjusting the air pressure in the bag above the shock. Just accept it and know that the system is working every time you hear the compressor come on.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You can always just put in air from under the seat. But that doesn't stop the vent valve from operating when the system calls for letting out pressure. So short of pulling fuses and relays and stuff, find somebody with BUDS, a dealer, laser aligner, etc. Go to the Settings tab, and in the ACC page or Vehicle Configuration page - depending on the version - uncheck the box for ACS system. That will put the system in manual. You'll get Manual on the cluster if you ever do push the switch. After that, just adjust air pressure under the seat. 5 minute change.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default My fix

There are two wires on the dump valve...I ran the ground wire from the dump valve up and under the seat...I put a disconnect on that wire...If you unplug the disconnect you can manually air up the air bag and it won't discharge the air...I did this so when the next time my air compressor fails I can manually air up the bag with my portable 12 volt compressor and ride it home with a passenger...