Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Goggles or Air Sealed Glasses (with 1/2 helmet)

Just curious to see what may be the "go to" riding goggles or air sealed glasses to wear when wearing a half helmet!?!

Please share your experience ASAP.

Thank you for your time and willingness to share in advance.

Safe riding everyone!!!
    HAND'S UP:
    The only sure way of getting rid of bad habits is to create good ones.
    AND, by the way, this will not happen on auto pilot.

It's time for a YOU-turn!!!

Spyder Garage

Back in the 3/4 helmet days I preferred aviator type goggles until Uvex came out with their wrap around dark glasses that were also safety rated. They also had a clear lens as well for night time. There are companies that make prescription goggles as well as sport glasses.

What are you using now?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Back in the 3/4 helmet days I preferred aviator type goggles until Uvex came out with their wrap around dark glasses that were also safety rated. They also had a clear lens as well for night time. There are companies that make prescription goggles as well as sport glasses.

What are you using now?
    Thanks for your reply.

I'm currently using a pair of Oakley sunglasses that have an orange tint lens, but there is really no "sealing gout of air" when using them. So, they are not working out, thus this post has been brought here. I wear contact lenses so I've got to have a windless situation in my face.
    HAND'S UP:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderHands View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

I'm currently using a pair of Oakley sunglasses that have an orange tint lens, but there is really no "sealing gout of air" when using them. So, they are not working out, thus this post has been brought here. I wear contact lenses so I've got to have a windless situation in my face.
    For windless I prefer goggles. But the reality is neither is very expensive to try both and see what you like best.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your reply.

Good set of goggles bout only way you gonna get that go classic:
    https://www.ebay.com/i/182382771530?...D1267150593378

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    For windless I prefer goggles. But the reality is neither is very expensive to try both and see what you like best.
    I understand. Just curious if there are nay specific brands and models that seem to offer the best workmanship and functionality for sealing out the air, yet not fogging up, etc. !?!

Thanks again for your input here.
    HAND'S UP:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Thank you for the thought and link.

I'm just not sure if those are large enough to allow for wearing prescription glasses under them IF desired or needed!?!?!?!?!?! Lots of details to consider.
    HAND'S UP:

Spyder Garage

I bought Scott goggles. Works well with my Bell Bandito chrome 1/2 helmet.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the thought and link.

I'm just not sure if those are large enough to allow for wearing prescription glasses under them IF desired or needed!?!?!?!?!?! Lots of details to consider.
    Sorry you didn't mention that part, with that I have a bud installed some "Jack's flaps" on his vest & has reported good results when we on rides. Don't know when he got them or where he needs glasses I do not :http://mnmotorcycle.com/september-20...shifting-vest/

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I bought a pair of "over the glasses goggles" and wore them with my half helmet. I really liked the look. I recently bought new glasses and and the goggles will not fit over them. Be aware of that.

You might also consider a new half helmet with a drop down visor. I bought the: HJC IS-Cruiser Half Face Motorcycle Helmet(322106510028 ) on ebay for $100.00.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Impact Study.jpg

I'd rather ride with a chinbar, and a visor...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Spyderhands,

I suffer from dry eyes and I find that wearing googles or wrap sunglasses really help me on rides. I carry artificial tears with me and use them while riding. I wear glasses but not contact lenses anymore due to my dry eyes. So I have tried several ways to protect my eyes while riding. I have a pair of smaller rimless prescription eye glasses and they do fit under a pair of motorcycle googles (but just barely and I have to be careful taking them off). After having my glasses get caught inside my googles a few times and falling to the ground I looked into other options. Here is what I did to fix my problem. I have found that a wrap style of frame can protect my eyes if they fit snug. I had prescription lens put into a wrap frame that have transition lenses that get dark in bright sunlight and lighten at dusk or night riding. I currently am using this for my riding.

Now, I understand not everyone wants or needs a separate pair of prescription glasses for riding but I also use them for any activity that I need to protect my eyes because they are safely glasses too. So I use them for when I have to weed eat my lawn, etc.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

safety sunglasses with the foam inserts around the frame works well to help block the wind around the eyes.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Impact Study.jpg

I'd rather ride with a chinbar, and a visor...
    Have to agree Bob, I know it is hot in Florida, but so is the pavement when your face hits it!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Goggles

Both Scott and Smith make ski goggles to fit over glasses. (Or not) They work great to keep wind out of the eyes. BUT---- it might be hard to find a ski shop in central Florida.

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Well....

Did try them all back many years ago and after all the trials and tribulations ended up with the modular helmet. I know they have come a long way with glasses and gogles so you would have to try them yourself. Had contacts and dry eye as well but with a modular and a pair of wrap sunglasses I could ryde open/3/4 when slow and around town and closed/full face when windy and freeways. As I see it you will have to try for yourself cause we are all a bit different...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

There are a few companies that provide specific use glasses/goggles, I happen to us SportRX, and prefer Wiley X frames. The can also provide prescription lense's and have an optometrist on the premise when they are open. If you go to their website, you can see their full line of frames and the services they offer, and are willing to make suggestions according to your needs. I've been using them for almost 30 years now and can say that they stand behind what they sell.

David

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Sorry you didn't mention that part...
    Sorry 'bout that. No problem. I'm definitely needing some form of goggles to keep the wind out of my eyes, whether wearing contact lenses or glasses. Around town is generally OK. It's the longer drives that tends to present the issues. Thanks again!
    HAND'S UP:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    I bought a pair of "over the glasses goggles" and wore them with my half helmet. I really liked the look. I recently bought new glasses and and the goggles will not fit over them. Be aware of that.

You might also consider a new half helmet with a drop down visor. I bought the: HJC IS-Cruiser Half Face Motorcycle Helmet(322106510028 ) on ebay for $100.00.
    Thanks for stopping by. I've seen several "goggle" options out there that do offer enough space when wearing over eyeglasses. A half lid with a built in visor won't address my needs. The visor doesn't provide a closed off seal around my eyes.
    HAND'S UP:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by drhunt204 View Post
    Spyderhands,

I suffer from dry eyes and I find that wearing googles or wrap sunglasses really help me on rides. I carry artificial tears with me and use them while riding. I wear glasses but not contact lenses anymore due to my dry eyes. So I have tried several ways to protect my eyes while riding. I have a pair of smaller rimless prescription eye glasses and they do fit under a pair of motorcycle googles (but just barely and I have to be careful taking them off). After having my glasses get caught inside my googles a few times and falling to the ground I looked into other options. Here is what I did to fix my problem. I have found that a wrap style of frame can protect my eyes if they fit snug. I had prescription lens put into a wrap frame that have transition lenses that get dark in bright sunlight and lighten at dusk or night riding. I currently am using this for my riding.

Now, I understand not everyone wants or needs a separate pair of prescription glasses for riding but I also use them for any activity that I need to protect my eyes because they are safely glasses too. So I use them for when I have to weed eat my lawn, etc.
    Thanks for the reply. Finding a pair of wrap around glasses (snug fit, clear lenses, etc.) has been quite a challenge. Haven't seen any yet.

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    safety sunglasses with the foam inserts around the frame works well to help block the wind around the eyes.
    Thanks for the note. Hey, if they look decent, I'd consider that resolution for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by the2pid1 View Post
    I bought Scott goggles. Works well with my Bell Bandito chrome 1/2 helmet.
    Thanks for the note. Just curious, for application purposes, do you have wear contact lenses or eyeglasses?
    HAND'S UP:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Did try them all back many years ago and after all the trials and tribulations ended up with the modular helmet. I know they have come a long way with glasses and gogles so you would have to try them yourself. Had contacts and dry eye as well but with a modular and a pair of wrap sunglasses I could ryde open/3/4 when slow and around town and closed/full face when windy and freeways. As I see it you will have to try for yourself cause we are all a bit different...
    Thanks for the post. Truly, everyone is different, just surveying those who have experience with goggles in conjunction with WEARING CONTACT LENSES AND/OR EYEGLASSES. I have a pair of wrap sunglasses that do OK, but for night driving and driving beyond "in town" - I'm exploring the "goggle" possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by kaos View Post
    Both Scott and Smith make ski goggles to fit over glasses. (Or not) They work great to keep wind out of the eyes. BUT---- it might be hard to find a ski shop in central Florida. Kaos
    Thanks for the memo. We do have a few ski shops here in the sun scorch state. Do you wear contact lenses or eyeglasses with your goggles?
    HAND'S UP:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Devious56 View Post
    There are a few companies that provide specific use glasses/goggles, I happen to us SportRX, and prefer Wiley X frames. The can also provide prescription lense's and have an optometrist on the premise when they are open. If you go to their website, you can see their full line of frames and the services they offer, and are willing to make suggestions according to your needs. I've been using them for almost 30 years now and can say that they stand behind what they sell.

David
    Thanks for the note. I'll check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Have to agree Bob, I know it is hot in Florida, but so is the pavement when your face hits it!
    Indeed!!!
    HAND'S UP:

Spyder Garage

Default Check these out.

https://www.amazon.com/PHOENIX-INTER...ds=otg+goggles

These are the ones I have. They won't work with my day to day glasses but work well with my sun glasses.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

(quote)Thanks for the memo. We do have a few ski shops here in the sun scorch state. Do you wear contact lenses or eyeglasses with your goggles?(/quote)

No--- don't wear either when I ski---- but I do ski fast. GPS clocked ( Skitrax app) at over 56 MPH . I know that both companies make goggles to wear over glasses.

Crowded ski runs cause---------------Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Air sealed glasses.

These work pretty well with my half helmet...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1