Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Maggie Valley event

I have two questions regarding the 2017 Maggie Valley event.

1. Is anyone else in Ohio going to it? Maybe Michigan? If so, are you interested in riding together or sharing a cabin cost?

2. Where have people stayed down there before? Does anyone know of any tent campsites nearby?

Thanks,
    Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

We are going down on Wednesday from Chillicothe. We will be staying at A Holiday Motel where we stay every time we go to Maggie which is about four or five times a year. You could give them a call or check their website for room info. There is no shortage of motel and camping areas there.
    http://www.holidaymotel.net/
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post

1. Is anyone else in Ohio going to it? Maybe Michigan? If so, are you interested in riding together or sharing a cabin cost?

2. Where have people stayed down there before? Does anyone know of any tent campsites nearby?

Thanks,
    Joe

We're from Columbus and are planning on attending. We're staying close to the dragon near the Smokie Mountain bypass. Also leaving on Wednesday.

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

As of right now, there are four of us leaving from the Akron/Canton area. The other three have a cabin I have one on my own willing to split it with one other if possible right in Maggie Valley. That split would be about $36.00 each/night.
    We will leave on Wednesday AM as well.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Default MAGGIE VALLEY RYDERS

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post

Thanks,
    Joe
    We are traveling out of the Atlanta, Ga. area and are very interested in this trip. Looking for riders to accompany us or me. Willing to split cost for lodging!!
    Respectfully,
    Keese aka Xzawlted
    Xzawlted
    2017 CAN-AM SPYDER RT LIMITED (New Owner)
    Champagne
    Freedom Trailer
    USMC RETIRED

Spyder Garage

Default SOFFOLK VA

OK We will be attending also but we have motorhome pulling our trailer. Hope the weather is great, if not oh well

Donna and Jerry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 , java

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We will arrive on Wednesday and are staying at the Home Hearth Inn. Nice clean little place that will not break the bank. We have been staying there the past couple of years, so he gives us the same rate year round (most charge more for the fall). Very familiar with the area (since we have been going for the past 8-9 years) and plan on some good riding each day. If anyone wants to tag along, shoot me a pm and we will give you the grand tour.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default Maggie Valley Rally

We will be coming up from South Georgia to attend the Rally either on Wednesday or Thursday. We probably will trailer our Spyder up unless we find a group coming up to ride with! This is our 2nd year to attend the Maggie Valley Rally, and hope the weather will be more pleasant!

Spyder Garage

Default what kind of things??

being new to spyder (4 months), what kind of activities go on. its not a free event, only think $5 to get in without a meal. vendors, do they install anything while there? stage with music? small concessions stands? learn anything new? worth while? don't live far away, would only be attending on Saturday.
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    being new to spyder (4 months), what kind of activities go on. its not a free event, only think $5 to get in without a meal. vendors, do they install anything while there? stage with music? small concessions stands? learn anything new? worth while? don't live far away, would only be attending on Saturday.
    Not sure the price without meal but there are vendors on site that install most anything you can think of. It's a good idea to get there early or get an appointment as these guys and gals are very busy and can be backed up for hours.

All kinds of food stands as well as rides. I ryde over from Knoxville each year and really enjoy it.
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Spyder Garage

This is a great event. The $5 Event Admission cost is to cover rental of the Festival Grounds. The Dinner is great (we did it last year, looks like this year is a BBQ).

We will be there as Vendors, but coming a few days early to ride. We will be at the Clarketon Motel starting early Monday Morning. Planning on riding Mon through Wed.
    http://spyderadventures.com/home/
    Last edited by rick_w; 08-04-2017 at 11:51 AM.
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rick_w View Post
    This is a great event. The $5 Event Admission cost is to cover rental of the Festival Grounds. The Dinner is great (we did it last year, looks like this year is a BBQ).

We will be there as Vendors, but coming a few days early to ride. We will be at the Clarketon Motel starting early Monday Morning. Planning on riding Mon through Wed.
    http://spyderadventures.com/home/
    Looking forward to seeing you old friend.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

Default From the ATL area

We plan to attend also. Would be interested in riding with a group from the ATL area. Attended last year but weather was not the best but love Maggie Valley and the surrounding area.
    3Wheel Bob

2015 F3S SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3WheelBob View Post
    We plan to attend also. Would be interested in riding with a group from the ATL area. Attended last year but weather was not the best but love Maggie Valley and the surrounding area.
    Hopefully we will not have any hurricanes coming up the East Coast like last year.
    The odds are the weather will be fine and a great event.
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rick_w View Post
    Hopefully we will not have any hurricanes coming up the East Coast like last year.
    The odds are the weather will be fine and a great event.
    Yeah, that was a once in a blue moon event. Normally there might be a possibility of rain, but not from a hurricane. But even last year wasn't that bad if you looked at the forecast each day. I was there Wednesday through Sunday and rode every day. Most days the weather was pretty good west of Cherokee and south towards Highlands. That is where I like to ride anyway. Hope to see lots of you there. Especially you Deerslayer, I want you to put my F3T to the test to see if I can keep up. So far I have found 2 other spyder riders that like the "aggressive" riding that we do on occasion. Time to put this one to the test.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white