Spyder Garage

Default Fighting the heat

Recently went by a stealership, they had a 2013 ST-S out front. I noticed that each side engine cover had a filler piece underneath that blocked heat from frying the riders knees. Left Hand Side Heat Deflector is 25-20-0102. I'm looking for the right piece...

The under panels have been removed and will be perforated. SpyderPops pieces installed. Front cylinder pipe wrap material to be installed.

Any additional suggestions are appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Default PN correction

LH Heat Deflector 705006981
    RH Heat Deflector

I noticed an inner RH panel that routes hot air out the vent hole. Although this does't look to work with the RS side cover vent, like the SpyderPops Heat Mgmt System.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Matahead View Post
    Recently went by a stealership, they had a 2013 ST-S out front. I noticed that each side engine cover had a filler piece underneath that blocked heat from frying the riders knees. Left Hand Side Heat Deflector is 25-20-0102. I'm looking for the right piece...

The under panels have been removed and will be perforated. SpyderPops pieces installed. Front cylinder pipe wrap material to be installed.

Any additional suggestions are appreciated.
    25-20-0102. Cuz I do not know this part your describing & my ST
    has the older Tupperware, has been managing heat quite well so far, only issue I had with that was a loose hose clamp by thermostat, but that was warranty fix do you mean this:IMG_1218.jpg? If so Ive noticed very little heat from here & more drift straight up by steering colum vents FYI.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I listed corrected part numbers in my second post....

The filler I describe is the gray piece that is under the CAN-AM sticker. Not top of the photo is to the left.

The RS/GS models have a 2"x16" opening that allows hot air to come up between the side tupperware & side engine cover.

ST models cover the opening with parts listed in post #2. PS I'm learning to post attachments.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Matahead View Post
    I listed corrected part numbers in my second post....

The filler I describe is the gray piece that is under the CAN-AM sticker. Not top of the photo is to the left.

The RS/GS models have a 2"x16" opening that allows hot air to come up between the side tupperware & side engine cover.

ST models cover the opening with parts listed in post #2. PS I'm learning to post attachments.
    Sorry I did not check back on this sooner FYI there are few options to cover that void. DIY like I did with a$1 disposable aluminum grill plate cut to fit:IMG_5788.jpg IMG_5790.jpg
    and some of the vendors offer SS covers(better made to fit). http://spyderpops.com/grilles/
    Pm me I have instructions what I did & more step by step pics if you like. FYI inspired by:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...RS-GRILL-COVER
    Last edited by Bfromla; 07-29-2017 at 04:32 AM. Reason: links &

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default Installed... Then GONE!

I got both the right & left filler pieces. $95 + tax from the stealership, (who agreed to take returns if the parts were incorrect!!!)

While installing the left side, I wrapped the front cylinder header pipe. Both used mounting places not in place on my 2009. So I zip-tied those spots.

The fillers worked great. On the test ride my wife was smiling and very pleased with the result.

While at the Stealer we saw the original 2013 ST-S that carried the pieces, that started the thread. We inquired and had casual conversation.

The next afternoon, the sales manager called and made us an offer we couldn't refuse. We traded the 2009 GS for a 2013 ST-S.

I've been watching the stealership website, both vehicles never made it to the world wide web. My guess is that they had someone looking for a model under $10k. They had a good look at it when we put tires on, so they knew the condition. Now I have a new set of issues with the ST-S...