Thread: Head Lamps F3S

Spyder Garage

Default Head Lamps F3S

Going on 4 set of lamps. 1 factory, 2 LED at 27,000 miles. Calling for an appt tomorrow to have dealer troubleshoot lamps, this is getting ridiculous. Has anyone else had this much trouble?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is why my dealer installs certain things. They are warranted for 1 year if dealer installed. I have only blown a tail lamp and its good to go so far. Please post what they found so we all can learn from your pain.

Spyder Garage

I am going on my third set. I replaced the originals (after 8 months they lost high beam) with expensive Sylvania bulbs thinking that they would last longer. They only lasted about 8 months (lost both with in a month). I make sure that the bulbs are not touched by any hands. I have checked the voltage and all looks good. Looking to replace with LED bulbs.
    God bless those who serve/served our country!

Spyder Garage

The electrical system on the 1330 Spyders runs higher voltage than on most cars. As high as 15.2 volts. This can cause lamps and some LEDs to burn out more quikly. Suggest LED lamps rated for the voltage. Lamonster carries them as do others. Most generic ones are not. Same is true for LED lighting on the rest of the bike. Most of the Spyder vendors have figured this out and use rated lighting strips, not the generic ones you can find on ebay. There is a difference.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame