Thread: Detailing

Spyder Garage

Default Detailing

How is it that after every ride when I get home. I am always cleaning my spyder i.e. the bugs, dust and everything in between. Waxing chrome cleaner windex I am a detailing freak, but I wish that I could do it every second time or 3rd time. I guess it is so that I can see the beauty in it all the time.

2015 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

you can do "all this" because you are younger than I, and a little more "retentive".
    Oh My vehicles used to look show-worthy all the time. But now that I am progressing in years,
    and wisdom, I clean the windshield, knock the bugs out of the grille, wipe the mirrors down,
    and dust off the seat when needed. and then I ryde,ryde,ryde.
    I only have a certain amount of time left on earth, I want to spend it with relationships, not my "stuff".
    Our perspective changes over time. I guarantee, your's will too. STAY SAFE.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

Default Depends....

Depends a lot on the products you use for cleaning and polishing. Gotta say there are new ones every day, I am not one to do the whole washing thing but do a full frame and engine wash once a year. The rest of the time it is just the clean and polishing with (currently 303 products) spray on wipe off protective products. They make clean up a lot easier. Have used Plexus, Protect all, Black Diamond and a few I can't remember and the old stand by Pledge.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by 4 MARIE View Post
    you can do "all this" because you are younger than I, and a little more "retentive". Oh My vehicles used to look show-worthy all the time. But now that I am progressing in years, and wisdom, I clean the windshield, knock the bugs out of the grille, wipe the mirrors down, and dust off the seat when needed. and then I ryde,ryde,ryde.
    I only have a certain amount of time left on earth, I want to spend it with relationships, not my "stuff". Our perspective changes over time. I guarantee, your's will too. STAY SAFE.
    HaHaHaHa! You and I must be twins! Mind you, that age thing is a factor for me also!
    2014 ST Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Cleaning

I should buy shares in lemon pledge.
    after every ride I tend to use the lemon pledge to get the bugs off and then spot clean the rest.
    A full soap and water cleaning only happens after I'm caught in a rain storm.

LAZY??? MAYBEE!!! But it is what is is.
    Greg
    2015 RT Limited (White)

Spyder Garage

Default Meguiars.....product line.

Quote Originally Posted by Rookiespyder View Post
    How is it that after every ride when I get home. I am always cleaning my spyder i.e. the bugs, dust and everything in between. Waxing chrome cleaner windex I am a detailing freak, but I wish that I could do it every second time or 3rd time. I guess it is so that I can see the beauty in it all the time.
    I am now using Meguiar's product line. Waxing all the plastic panels, and detailing the black with their Ultimate protectant. Also waxing the wheels. The seat gets a treat with 303. It doesn't get it to slippery. (ST seat with a textured finish.)

Meguiar's product seems to be more dust repellant than many others.... we do like their lasting also...once a year, and touch-up once in a while does it....

(P.S. available at Canadian Tire)

Richard

* 2012 RS SE5 (hers)
    * 2013 ST SM5 (mine)

Daughter RSS SE5 2014
    Son in law RSS SM5 2013

P.S. 3 Kumho AST 225/50R15 and 1 Toyo Proxies 4 225/50R15 rear tires
    2 sets of Kumho 175/55R15 front tires
    1 set of Hankook V4
    1 set of Canadian Tire General tire Evertrek RTX in 14" for the 2012 ...

Spyder Garage

I have washed the "nanner" once so far this season. "Baby" has yet to be washed. The windshield gets de-bugged prior to each ride, but thats about it.

Long live the "Alaska Grunge" look.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway View Post
    I should buy shares in lemon pledge.
    after every ride I tend to use the lemon pledge to get the bugs off and then spot clean the rest.
    A full soap and water cleaning only happens after I'm caught in a rain storm.

LAZY??? MAYBEE!!! But it is what is is.
    Littleoff topicwhattraileristhat

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

because you care about your bike and take pride in it looking good

Spyder Garage

Default dust off and more

To each his own of course but..............I like to wipe her down (I mean our Spyder, of course) with the "Professional Chauffer's favorite rag" - a Kozak Cloth - before a ride. Used these for years at Corvette shows, getting ready for judging. Silicone treated, very good dust collecting nap, and washable (which I admit I've never felt the need to do). They've never scratched either, regardless of how old. I admit also to usually wearing a pair of inexpensive cotton gloves when using these as they do tend to get your hands dirty after using them a while. Product available at many stores.
    I also use the bigger microfiber towels at times. They also do a very good job on road dust and don't seem to scratch.
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.