Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nealperkins View Post
    I wouldn't give up just yet. There's a lot of tire kickin' going on; and remember, you just got here. As an older crowd, we've learned to be skeptical of 'too good to be true' sort of thing. Besides, it's prime riding season.

Question: Worse case scenario, what if an owner wants/needs to return the ECU to stock, for whatever reason; what's the cost to return it to stock?

Thanks!
    3 easy ways.

Flash changes or to go back stock are all free. Send unit and get it returned. You pick / pay shipping options.
    On top, Any dealer or person with BUDS can return back to stock. (by doing an update)
    Another option is if we have any of our spare ecu's here, it can be sent and used if the situation is temporary or if its needed that no bike down time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    I understand they don't want to let the cat out of the bag, I guess what I am wondering is the flash bike specific taking into account the intake and exhaust (w/ or w/o cat bypass) or is it just a general flash. And if it is just a general flash, what are they changing with the ECU to make the power gains (not the details specifically)

You usually have to let them know if you have a free flowing exhaust, intake, fuel programmer so they can make the appropriate changes within the flash.

I ask because by just giving it a general ECU flash, without taking into account the intake, bypass, and or exhaust, the Spyder might not run as well before the flash and could actually decrease performance.
    Do you know of any aftermarket intake system available for any spyder?

The differences between stock, cat delete, free flow muffler. We have set the ecu up to accommodate all these scenarios with 1 mapping. The spyder back pressure changes within the stock rpm usable range are not all that drastic. The new usable rpm range is remapped. The system is very accurate on calculating airmass changes at wot. And of course, the closed loop systems where you ride.

You can feel free to use your combination of exhaust with our flash. We welcome anyone to put on an AFR gauge and play around with / without cat delete or free flow muffler.

For racing / offroad use - I would like to offer an intake or intake modification with a stage 2 flash in the future. This indeed would require specific setup / mapping.
    Last edited by Spyd_Piper; 07-25-2017 at 11:10 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyd_Piper View Post

The differences between stock, cat delete, free flow muffler. We have set the ecu up to accommodate all these scenarios with 1 mapping. The spyder back pressure changes within the stock rpm usable range are not all that drastic. The new usable rpm range is remapped. The system is very accurate on calculating airmass changes at wot. And of course, the closed loop systems where you ride.

You can feel free to use your combination of exhaust with our flash. We welcome anyone to put on an AFR gauge and play around with / without cat delete or free flow muffler.

For racing / offroad use - I would like to offer an intake or intake modification with a stage 2 flash in the future. This indeed would require specific setup / mapping.
    The only 2 aftermarket air intakes that I know of are JT's and Kewl Metal, which a similar to each other.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    The only 2 aftermarket air intakes that I know of are JT's and Kewl Metal, which a similar to each other.
    Ok, so just twin stuff.

Looks like Kewl Metal is no more or changed website / names etc.

The older spyders have different ecu. (998) And definitely need specific remaps if airbox removed or cat delete etc (or simply a fuel tuner)

Anything with electronic throttle (990 & 1330) have a new style ecu. Ecu uses way different tuning logic. And much much smarter.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default AIR INTAKE FOR 1330

, Two + years ago I removed the highly restrictive plastic one ( and rubber elbow ) on my 2014 RT ..... I then put a 3 inch metal tube ( a piece of propane cylinder, it's thick enough to weld brackets to ) thru the left side Panel.... It's a slip type connection to the piece attached to the Air Box .... This doesn't interfere with Frunk removal ( un-like the BRP - elbow )....... If you are considering an ECU flash, I would think this Mod would be a good idea..... show this post to Jase ...... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 07-25-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    I have just built a wire harness (test bench harness) for one of my good friends (seadoo dealer)in Jersey, i will work with him to receive and remap ecus that get sent to us and he will also ship back (all done in us).
    I am also finishing up a system so if a customer rides his spyder to him he can connect up to the bike and remap straight away with out having to remove the ecu, i do offer this service now with new zealand and australian customers that bring they're spyders to me have been doing this for many years.

Thanks
    Jason
    hi Jase, where in Jersey and when do you expect this to be available (the remapping done there)?

2015 F3 SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by siny10309 View Post
    hi Jase, where in Jersey and when do you expect this to be available (the remapping done there)?
    Hi
    My friends workshop is in Egg Harbour township.
    Im hoping to have Chris up and running with in the next month, so customers will be able to send ecu's to him or take their bike to him and he will remap straight away via Can over the diagnostic plug.
    Thanks
    Jason

Spyder Garage

great, please let us know when available.

2015 F3 SE6

Spyder Garage

With overnight shipping, Anywhere in North America can have ecu, out of bike, reprogrammed and back in bike in 3 days.

We provide maximum power that the 1330 is capable of in stock form.
    We do not flash by canbus - and therefore is no trail or counts on any flashing. (by ecu, by dash or by boss web)

Spyder Garage

Question

With overnight shipping, Anywhere in North America can have ecu, out of bike, reprogrammed and back in bike in 3 days.

We provide maximum power that the 1330 is capable of in stock form.
    We do not flash by canbus - and therefore is no trail or counts on any flashing. (by ecu, by dash or by boss web)
    I must admit, very interested in having this done to our RTL. Since this is not done by canbus, does this mean you must remove the potting material from the ECU to directly flash a chip?
    2015 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderCruiser View Post
    I must admit, very interested in having this done to our RTL. Since this is not done by canbus, does this mean you must remove the potting material from the ECU to directly flash a chip?
    That is my take away from previous post information. This will also of course be a sign that the ECU was "messed with".... There doesn't seem to be any way around it. I was up for it until it came to light that both methods, Spyd_Piper and Jase's leave evidence and could void my warranty if an astute dealer or BRP rep were to go looking.... Bummer.

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderCruiser View Post
    ECU is not potted or encapsulated in any way. It is manufactured in 2 pieces with a case, and a header that connect to circuit board. Mated with a rubber gasket and 6 metal clips holding it.
    Not sure what ecu the previous cutting and glueing comment was about. Other than an attempt to claim one way was better than other. Which it isn't.

There is only 2 ways to modify this ecu.
    1 - Canbus - Through a program which handshakes and meets security that put the ecu into update mode and allow a new file to be installed. This can be counted and tracked. All right in the ecu. (And even dash)
    2 - Putting the ecu brain (mcu) into update mode using a ground connection on the circuit board itself. No canbus program or security issues. No counting or tracking. But access into is needed.

The ecu was built (put together) as it was made. There is no difference the second time. (or any amount of times) There is nothing cut. Nothing glued. The same gasket is used. Or can be reapplied. And its the same as the original.

Whats easier for BRP - for dealer to remove and send ecu in for inspection - or to connect BUDS, download file and send for inspection? Or advanced dealers can inspect both file and physical ecu.
    Regardless of that - all a dealer needs to do is drive a bike with Monster Fi programming and they know. No doubt about it. They are either thinking its engine work or something very different.

However, in either case of how its programmed. And the extent of end power result. If one is worried about warranty. Stay stock. Always assume that BRP can know. Modifying your cat or exhaust or ecu or adding a tuner or doing engine work (even airbox modifications) can all be grounds for a denial of some claim if the failure can be traced to any said modification.
    Last edited by Spyd_Piper; 07-27-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Spyder Garage

Is there a web site that has mailing instructions.
    I would have to have this overnighted both ways.

Thanks
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DriftersWay View Post
    Is there a web site that has mailing instructions.
    I would have to have this overnighted both ways.

Thanks
    Print flash form, send with ecu.

https://monsterfuelinjection.com/spyder/

Spyder Garage

Default Had mine back for about a week now.

Wow. Thanks Monster Fuel Injection. Would do it again. Comes alive at 5k. Seems chrisper all around.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by one2doo View Post
    Wow. Thanks Monster Fuel Injection. Would do it again. Comes alive at 5k. Seems chrisper all around.
    That's odd. According to the tuner you should be able to "access" the modded tune at any rpm by exceeding 60% throttle.... Is this not the case?

Chuck

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    That's odd. According to the tuner you should be able to "access" the modded tune at any rpm by exceeding 60% throttle.... Is this not the case?
    Its normal till you grab the throttle and hit 5000 rpm and gone. The way you want it. Not stupid from the start.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So if you need it: drop a gear or two, and you're GONE!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

F3 already has more "allowed" low rpm torque output than RT.

Plus, with the hit above 5000, it makes it a lot harder to notice the bottom improvement. As thats the instant wow. But high gear roll on's will show the low rpm differences.

Spyder Garage

Glad you enjoy too.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Hi
    My friends workshop is in Egg Harbour township.
    Im hoping to have Chris up and running with in the next month, so customers will be able to send ecu's to him or take their bike to him and he will remap straight away via Can over the diagnostic plug.
    Thanks
    Jason
    Now that's good news for the states!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

ECU is not potted or encapsulated in any way. It is manufactured in 2 pieces with a case, and a header that connect to circuit board. Mated with a rubber gasket and 6 metal clips holding it.
    Not sure what ecu the previous cutting and glueing comment was about. Other than an attempt to claim one way was better than other. Which it isn't.

There is only 2 ways to modify this ecu.
    1 - Canbus - Through a program which handshakes and meets security that put the ecu into update mode and allow a new file to be installed. This can be counted and tracked. All right in the ecu. (And even dash)
    2 - Putting the ecu brain (mcu) into update mode using a ground connection on the circuit board itself. No canbus program or security issues. No counting or tracking. But access into is needed.

The ecu was built (put together) as it was made. There is no difference the second time. (or any amount of times) There is nothing cut. Nothing glued. The same gasket is used. Or can be reapplied. And its the same as the original.

Whats easier for BRP - for dealer to remove and send ecu in for inspection - or to connect BUDS, download file and send for inspection? Or advanced dealers can inspect both file and physical ecu.
    Regardless of that - all a dealer needs to do is drive a bike with Monster Fi programming and they know. No doubt about it. They are either thinking its engine work or something very different.

However, in either case of how its programmed. And the extent of end power result. If one is worried about warranty. Stay stock. Always assume that BRP can know. Modifying your cat or exhaust or ecu or adding a tuner or doing engine work (even airbox modifications) can all be grounds for a denial of some claim if the failure can be traced to any said modification.

I agree, not only do I have a factory warranty currently but I have an extended warranty. At the end of the day, one must choose. If you worried just don't do it. For me its a gamble but I chose to take it because it won't kill me either way. Playing it safe has never really gotten me far, but taking risk has. Just my take...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    So if you need it: drop a gear or two, and you're GONE!
    Now this guy gets it!

Spyder Garage

Its normal till you grab the throttle and hit 5000 rpm and gone. The way you want it. Not stupid from the start.
    But that is half the fun!!

Chuck

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Not stupid from the start"...

But that is half the fun!!
    Since I'm "All Stupid: All The Time": I can more than make up the difference!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black