Spyder Garage

Default 2015 F3S SE vs 2017 F3 Limited Handling

When I had my 2015 F3s I installed the BajaRon sway Bar and tightened up the
    front shocks 1 1/2 turns and this seemed to address my handling woes. Now I
    have a 2017 F3 Limited and I assume because of more weight, the better front
    shocks and the air shock in back the scoot seems to be way more stable and
    planted running down the road. The stock sway bar on the 2015 F3S is the same
    diameter as the stock sway bar on the 2017 F3L. The burning question in my little
    Pea brain is there any serious advantage to installing a BajaRon sway bar? I can
    still tighten up the front shocks a turn or so for a little more down force. Also, I
    ride one up 90% of the time if that would figure into the equation.
    Experience, thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Dray

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just traded my F3S (with BaJa Ron Swaybar) for an F3T yesterday. I had a chance to take some twisties and it felt like it was handling pretty nicely without the BaJa. I notice that the throttle response was a little slower then my F3S and with sudden braking the rear-end seemed to fish tail slightly. My F3S never did that. I also noticed that it put out a little more heat then my F3S. That is all I have notice so far.

Spyder Garage

It's all relative, Dray. I didn't ride an S model at any time, but I certainly found my F3-Limited far more planted with the Ronbar. Unfortunately, it's a "personal" thing. All you can do is see if you are happy with stcck, and if you are, great. If you aren't, try a Ronbar and sell it if you don't like it. You should get plenty of takers

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default 2015 F3S SE vs 2017 F3 Limited Handling

Thanks Guys! Much appreciated and I think I will try and chase down a
    bar from an RT to play with. For what ever reason the stock F3L feels a lot
    more planted than the F3S.

Dray