Thread: Arm Rests

Spyder Garage

Default Arm Rests

Has anyone tried the Can Am stock passenger arm rests for their F-3? I'm thinking of purchasing them. Thoughts? Opinions?

Active Member hillbillywhisperer's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

F3 LTD. Expensive as hell but the Misses love them. Far more secure in the passenger seat and far more comfortable. You do sacrifice the heated grips though. Don't know why as for the price they could have had the armrests heated.

Spyder1.jpg

They also work great keeping luggage on the seat when traveling solo.
    Last edited by hillbillywhisperer; 07-21-2017 at 09:45 AM.

Spyder Garage

Wife loves them. Yes they are expensive, and massive. Very secure. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I ponied up the $$ to add them to our new 2017 F3L, thinking that the added security/safety for the wife was warranted. Now she tells me that her arms "slide off" the rests and that this aggravates her. Request is in to remove so that she can go back to the simple side grips. I think that's a mistake, but ..............
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Wife loves them on mine. Got the dealer to throw them in when I purchased.
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Spyder Garage

Default arm rests and comfort

On our RT we had a set of arm rests (Rivco) to supplement the adequate passenger backrest. Travel fatigue for my second rider (called by some "the passenger") was not a huge issue.

Then switched to n F3-S, with no arm rests and no backrest. Serious complaint of muscle spasm in shoulderblade by the missus (known as "second rider" by some).

Switched to a 2013 ST, with arm rests and small back rest. No more muscle spasm.

Corbin saddle on all three machines.

Cooincidence?
    Pete Tamblyn
    Cleveland, GA

2020 F3 Limited (black)

Time Out XL1800 cargo trailer

2019 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor
    2018 Kawasaki Versys-X 300

2013 ST (sold)
    2015 F3-S SOLD
    2014 RT-Limited (cognac) SOLD

Spyder Garage

Default Arm rests

I put them on for my wife, one 30 mile ride and they came off. She hated them

So they are up for sale, interested pm me foe price. They are for our 2016 F3t

Gary
    Last edited by soaring hawk; 07-23-2017 at 09:35 PM.

All I want to do is ride!

Spyder Garage

Default Would you consider selling your armrests?

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    I ponied up the $$ to add them to our new 2017 F3L, thinking that the added security/safety for the wife was warranted. Now she tells me that her arms "slide off" the rests and that this aggravates her. Request is in to remove so that she can go back to the simple side grips. I think that's a mistake, but ..............
    Would you consider selling your armrests?

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=soaring hawk;1283020]I put them on for my wife, one 30 mile ride and they came off. She hated them

So they are up for sale, interested pm me foe price. They are for our 2016 F3t

Gary[/QUOTE

Interested!
    Do they fit 2015 f5-s?

Active Member hillbillywhisperer's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    They do adjust out a little. Rather than facing straight forward there is a latch that allows you to aim them slightly outward which may help. Of course you may already know this. This is on the BRP factory armrests for the F3.

Spyder Garage

Sweetmel, thanks for the interest in our arm rests. I have not yet removed them, and am personally reluctant to do so, hoping wifey will eventually accept them. I am procrastinating, delaying, ignoring, etc. Her son, a two-wheeler, is telling her removal is a mistake. Her big complaint is not discomfort, but only that her arms "slide off" when wearing her mesh jacket. That bugs her. I'm trying to convince her that perhaps a cloth 'sleeve' over the arm, or bit of velcro, might solve the 'slippage' problem. And, yes, hillbilly, we have tried opening out, etc, experimenting with positions. I'm pretty sure that if I pull them off, in about two weeks she'll want them back on again......
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

I'm looking to purchase a set so if someone has a set in good condition that they want to part with for a reasonable price, PM me. Thanks

Dealer gave me a decent deal on them this morning and they are now on the bike. Thanks
    Last edited by aklim; 07-26-2017 at 08:22 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited , White