Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=bushrat;1282546]To answer your question, Take5:

For me, the biggest incentive to pay more and get a 2017 F3 Ltd was that it had electronic rear suspension rather than manually adjusted, which is the situation with the F3T and earlier (2016) versions of the Ltd. I just didn't want to have to bother with adjusting; let the bike do it. And, it had the back rest/ top case. These features, to my mind, more completely balanced the choice between an RT Ltd and an F3 Ltd as far as desirable equipment went, with the exception of a GPS, which was remedied by adding that option. Our goal was to do two-up riding 95% of the time; in that, we are absolutely delighted with our decision.[/QUOT
    I had a 2016 F3T - loved the ride much better than the 2016 RTLTD, which we now own - but we opted for the RT because of the much larger luggage capacity. My wife never complained about the F3T passenger comfort, however.
    My biggest complaint about the '16 F3T was that the rear sprocket was 89tooth, whereas the RT has 79tooth on the rear - much better for high speed cruising.
    GUESS WHAT - the 2017 F3LTD now has the same 79tooth gearing as the RT models.
    Some Spyder dealers do not even know this - trust me - I had to point that out to my dealer.
    We are thoroughly enjoying our RT, especially with our new Ultimate seat, but I am convinced you will be thrilled with your choice of the '17 F3LTD.

Active Member hillbillywhisperer's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=fritzer1;1283021]
    Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    To answer your question, Take5:

For me, the biggest incentive to pay more and get a 2017 F3 Ltd was that it had electronic rear suspension rather than manually adjusted, which is the situation with the F3T and earlier (2016) versions of the Ltd. I just didn't want to have to bother with adjusting; let the bike do it. And, it had the back rest/ top case. These features, to my mind, more completely balanced the choice between an RT Ltd and an F3 Ltd as far as desirable equipment went, with the exception of a GPS, which was remedied by adding that option. Our goal was to do two-up riding 95% of the time; in that, we are absolutely delighted with our decision.[/QUOT
    I had a 2016 F3T - loved the ride much better than the 2016 RTLTD, which we now own - but we opted for the RT because of the much larger luggage capacity. My wife never complained about the F3T passenger comfort, however.
    My biggest complaint about the '16 F3T was that the rear sprocket was 89tooth, whereas the RT has 79tooth on the rear - much better for high speed cruising.
    GUESS WHAT - the 2017 F3LTD now has the same 79tooth gearing as the RT models.
    Some Spyder dealers do not even know this - trust me - I had to point that out to my dealer.
    We are thoroughly enjoying our RT, especially with our new Ultimate seat, but I am convinced you will be thrilled with your choice of the '17 F3LTD.
    Add the factory armrests and BAM!

Spyder Garage

2017 F3 Limited also has a different passenger seat (more padding).

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome back, Joe!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MNBK View Post
    The F3T does not have the trunk. The F3 Limited has the trunk. If you find a 2016 F3T for a good price you can always add the trunk for about $2,000. Other than the trunk nothing different.
    Incorrect - a 2016 or 2017F3T with an added trunk is not the same as a 2017 F3 Ltd with standard trunk. Biggest difference is in the gearing. The F3Ts have 89tooth rear sprockets, whereas the 2017 F3 Ltd has a 79tooth sprocket(like the RT models). Thus, lower rpms at 70mph cruising. This is new for U.S. versions, as Europe and Australia have always had this gearing on the F3T and F3Ltd - not the F3 or F3S.

Spyder Garage

Our "personal" opinion.....driver comfort=F3Ltd, passenger comfort=RT.
    i have a 2017 F3 Ltd, wife has an RT.
    RT has more luggage space, more comfortable passenger back rest and better seat.
    That said, I like my F3 Ltd, but the wife is riding her own bike the RT. She would have no other!
    The RT Ltd is a loaded "touring" bike, the F3 Ltd is a loaded "cruised" bike.
    Our opinion from riding the two styles....

O. J.
    Ridin' "Lucille", the MusicMaker
    a 2017 F3 Limited (Pure Magnesium Metallic)
    Wife, Jan, riding "Ruby Jane"
    a 2016 F3-T (Intense Red Pearl)
    2017 F3-Limited , Magnesium (light grey)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Each to their own notion.", said the old woman; as she kissed the cow.

CowMoo.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Don has helped many here. Twice for me. Tom
    X2 for me too. Plus a set of Light Tint/Scratch Resistant Air Wing Uppers.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited