Hybrid View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Question F3 Limited or RT Limited for 2up Riding, Newbie here with questions

Looking at the F3 Limited and RT Limited, do mostly 2up riding with the wife on a 2 wheeler and want to go with a 3 wheeler. Looks like you can adjust the rider foot boards on the F3, but not on the RT. RT looks like they are not adjustable? But seems the passenger may be more comfortable on the RT? Do the passenger boards adjust on the RT and also on the F3? Any info appreciated, thanks.......

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The passenger boards on the RT are adjustable. You need to either head to a dealer that will let you test drive both or find a BRP Demo Event.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    The passenger boards on the RT are adjustable. You need to either head to a dealer that will let you test drive both or find a BRP Demo Event.
    I like my F3T, but don't let anyone fool you into thinking it is an upgrade over the RT when it comes to full on touring. The driver may be more comfortable (to some people), but the passenger will never be as comfortable on a F3 Series, as they will be on a RT. Good luck with your decision.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I like my F3T, but don't let anyone fool you into thinking it is an upgrade over the RT when it comes to full on touring. The driver may be more comfortable (to some people), but the passenger will never be as comfortable on a F3 Series, as they will be on a RT. Good luck with your decision.
    What he said!
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I went to a dealer and rode the RT but not the F3, I could do either but want the passenger comfort for the wife.

Spyder Garage

Only YOU can make the decision over comfort. I said in a previous thread--I have only had experience with The GS/RS (the F3 predecessor) and the RT. I don't like the F3 ergos. RT wins out on comfort for me. The RT is made for touring two up. The F3--not so much. It's like comparing a cruiser with a gold wing. IMO.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

RT for touring two up . F3 for short day trips .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    RT for touring two up . F3 for short day trips .
    I have had my 2016 F3 Limited for just over 13 months and have logged almost 21,000 miles. It's not as comfortable as my RT Limited was, but I'm used to it now. The most I've done in one day is 900 miles. Cruzr Joe and I did that on our way to Deadwood, SD last Monday for the 3 Wheeler Rally.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk