Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member

Spyder Garage

Default New member

Hi everyone, I have been in the background for quite a few months, looking and reading and getting a general feel for the forum and I must say you guys and gals seem a great bunch, its refreshing to see .

I started looking at trikes back in late 2016 after seeing a Goldwing in the motorway services here in the UK. That led me onto looking at a Harley and then onto the Spyder. Unfortunately I didn't have anywhere to park a trike until I came up with the idea of installing a multi lift into my garage so that I could lift a trike above my car. I had the garage floor reinforced and a plinth made to give me enough height to clear the car. The lift was ordered a couple of months ago but is now stuck in Purfleet Essex awaiting customs clearance. Last week I went to France for a holiday and ended up looking online (as you do) and bought myself a Spyder, yee ha. The Spyder will finish its journey from Newcastle (360 miles away) and be at my door around 10pm tonight so i'm just a little bit excited .

Glad to be a member with a Spyder now (well nearly) rather than just a bystander. Thanks to every member for all the posts and articles that they have contributed to over the weeks, months and years that have got me this far, cheers Rigsby

Spyder Garage

Smile Welcome Aboard!!

Good for you! Let us know what you have brought home. Good idea about the lift!

Spyder Garage

to your new adventures!
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

would love to see that lift when it is installed!!!!

Spyder Garage

I to am new to this Spyder world. Since April. I used to read posts about how Farkeling is addictive! Well I must say I agree!😎

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MercerLake View Post
    Good for you! Let us know what you have brought home. Good idea about the lift!
    Oh ye I forgot that bit, it is a 2016 F3s in Magnesium with the orange frame, its had a windscreen, driver and passenger backrests and floorboards fitted and its done 2700 miles

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here's to lots of "Miles & Smiles"!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

& Enjoy your new ryde
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Spyder Garage

The next thing for me to do is go and get some safety gear, helmet, jacket gloves etc.
    I have never been on 2 wheels so need to buy everything before I can get out and ride. Don't think going out in a shirt,shorts and a cap would be a good idea eh

There are a couple of big car parks nearby so those will be my first place to visit once I'm kitted out

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

on the ryde and lift!

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome welcome....

to both the spyder world and this site. congrats on the new ryde... like the plan soon to be finished lifting the spyder and being able to keep both vehicles same and tucked away...enjoy the ryde and send pictures of both the garage with lift and the spyder...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Welcome fellow UK member. I'm also new, got mine last month. I have come from 2 wheels which apparently the less easy way into Spyder riding. Getting any accessories for them over here is much more difficult than it is for our friends over the pond but except for a half cover have yet to be tempted. And we all what to see that lift. Expect to become a local celebrity when you take it out.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rigsby View Post
    The next thing for me to do is go and get some safety gear, helmet, jacket gloves etc.
    I have never been on 2 wheels so need to buy everything before I can get out and ride. Don't think going out in a shirt,shorts and a cap would be a good idea eh

There are a couple of big car parks nearby so those will be my first place to visit once I'm kitted out
    I have a mountain of bike clothing and to be honest most of it is too bulky or over armoured forbthe Spyder. Don't go for full length bike boots , too hot . Same with jackets and trousers, obviously waterproof but nothing thermal. As for helmets try the flip,up type . Best of luck. We regularly go shopping with ours in normal stuff. When you have been forced to wear a helmet for ever it's very liberating to go out in a baseball cap.

Spyder Garage

and on the new

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTman10 View Post
    I have a mountain of bike clothing and to be honest most of it is too bulky or over armoured forbthe Spyder. Don't go for full length bike boots , too hot . Same with jackets and trousers, obviously waterproof but nothing thermal. As for helmets try the flip,up type . Best of luck. We regularly go shopping with ours in normal stuff. When you have been forced to wear a helmet for ever it's very liberating to go out in a baseball cap.
    Thanks for the tips on riding gear. I went to a local accessory store and the choices are bewildering when you don't know what you are doing lol. I looked at some of the flip up helmets and they seemed like the best of both worlds.

Well the Spyder arrived at about 9.30 pm, safe and sound although it was a bit worrying watching them unload it on my sloping drive with bits of wood to level the ramps up, but all was good and its tucked up in the garage now.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your spyder and to the spyder web. Dale

Spyder Garage

And I suspect as you look out this morning it's raining and you haven't yet got any gear. That's life with a bike I'm afraid. Would be nice to know where you are in UK. You might just be providing your bit of England with its first Spyder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just a thought...

You may like to check out Facebook UKSPYDERWEB site - people to ride with and - if they are like me - a wardrobe full of surplus gear they may sell to get you started !

Enjoy

Spyder Garage

And I suspect as you look out this morning it's raining and you haven't yet got any gear. That's life with a bike I'm afraid. Would be nice to know where you are in UK. You might just be providing your bit of England with its first Spyder.
    I am right down on the south coast in Portsmouth and I think the rain has been sent just to annoy me but I am doing a couple of jobs first. Need to move the floorboards along a bit as they are in position 2 and I need the left one in position 5. Also need to put the rear mud guard assembly back on as the previous owner preferred the bare look. Then hopefully the rain will ease off

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

rigsby, welcome aboard and congrats on the f3. if your looking for some great cleaning products for your spyder and your car give my supplier a look there website is carspacarcare.uk just tell them I sent you to them they have great line up of cleaning products I sell there merlins blood wheel cleaner here in the states its a great product.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rigsby View Post
    I am right down on the south coast in Portsmouth and I think the rain has been sent just to annoy me but I am doing a couple of jobs first. Need to move the floorboards along a bit as they are in position 2 and I need the left one in position 5. Also need to put the rear mud guard assembly back on as the previous owner preferred the bare look. Then hopefully the rain will ease off
    Told you so. If you fancy setting yourself a small goal and meeting up with a couple more Spyders have a look at Pidcock.com and look at their tours. The one next May to Boppard has two of them booked to it already, one of them mine. I run the tours for them. It would be about an 800 mile round trip for you over 7 days.
    Last edited by RTman10; 07-20-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

and on your new F3!

You may have noticed our rule here: If there's no pic, it didn't really happen! So
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

you're going to love it, post pics and ryde on.

2016 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

Told you so. If you fancy setting yourself a small goal and meeting up with a couple more Spyders have a look at Pidcock.com and look at their tours. The one next May to Boppard has two of them booked to it already, one of them mine. I run the tours for them. It would be about an 800 mile round trip for you over 7 days.
    Thats always good to know, I will take a look, thanks although my holidays are always booked well in advance for golfing trips lol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scooterexpress View Post
    rigsby, welcome aboard and congrats on the f3. if your looking for some great cleaning products for your spyder and your car give my supplier a look there website is carspacarcare.uk just tell them I sent you to them they have great line up of cleaning products I sell there merlins blood wheel cleaner here in the states its a great product.

Wot you you mean I have to clean it ???????

i will take a look at the website cheers