Spyder Garage

Cool How do you customize your Spyder?

I never thought I'd be asking the above question. But Hubs and I have been inspired by some of the beautiful custom jobs that we've seen, and now we maybe have changed our minds on what to get him so we can be a 2 spyder family. He's leaning toward an F3. (already have a 2016 RTs.) We are NOT mechanically inclined. So that's out of the question. Do you have to travel to a garage like Lamont's to install things like seats, saddlebags, lights, etc? And how do we try out, or at least put hands on some of these items to see if we even like them? High $$$ items to be installing sight-unseen! I've learned in my short time on this site that it is a wealth of information. So we're trying to be smart about this. I would assume that this would be the one and only time we would do this. So I'd like to get it right the first time. So fire away! We're open to suggestions from the experts!

Spyder Garage

Since you state you all are not mechanically inclined, check with your local dealer or if you have a Spdyer group in your area, it is like family somebody may help you out. As far as putting your hand on items, the best advice I can give is to learn a lot from this site or look for other Spyders in your area and get nosey. That is what I do, I want to see what others have that I may want.

Quote Originally Posted by janeellen41 View Post
    I never thought I'd be asking the above question. But Hubs and I have been inspired by some of the beautiful custom jobs that we've seen, and now we maybe have changed our minds on what to get him so we can be a 2 spyder family. He's leaning toward an F3. (already have a 2016 RTs.) We are NOT mechanically inclined. So that's out of the question. Do you have to travel to a garage like Lamont's to install things like seats, saddlebags, lights, etc? And how do we try out, or at least put hands on some of these items to see if we even like them? High $$$ items to be installing sight-unseen! I've learned in my short time on this site that it is a wealth of information. So we're trying to be smart about this. I would assume that this would be the one and only time we would do this. So I'd like to get it right the first time. So fire away! We're open to suggestions from the experts!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default CUSTOMIZE YOUR SPYDER

My list of changes, additions, complete design re-do's, is now about 75 to my 2014 RT basic ..... luckily for me, 98% were DIY home made or repurposed to meet my needs. If I have a total expenditure of $ 750.00 in all this I would be surprised.... This is my last motorcycle ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing....

Rule of thumb...start with safety items first then move on to comfort and handling and finally to the bells and whistles. Now as to what how and where..?? Depends on what you want and like. Good place to star is our own sponsor vendors going to an event will get you going as well. Happy hunting...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Get local help

I'd recommend looking for and attending a Spyder Rally, or a local MC rally/show. You can talk direct to company reps, as well as make new friends with first hand experience. I've found there are quite a bit of generic parts adaptable to Spyders. Other side is shops don't want to modify, or do custom work. They only want to bolt on the bling...