Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F3 LTD Top Case

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rays hell View Post
    I traded for a 16 F3T and then added the top case. I ride with it both on and off and I can't tell any difference.
    She is flat out awesome in the twisties.
    Did you install the top case or did you dealer do it?

Thanks
    Fraser

Spyder Garage

Default Top case

Quote Originally Posted by feeez View Post
    Did you install the top case or did you dealer do it?

Thanks
    Fraser

It was not available yet when I bought it in Feb. 2017, So I had them ship it to me and then installed it myself.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Spyder Garage

Yes it's true. The 16 F3's had the larger sprocket. Why they went back to the smaller one is beyond me. The 16's will really take off. It is what sold the wife and I on the bike. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Active Member hillbillywhisperer's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Since th 17 LTD was my first Spyder I could not tell you the difference but all I can say is it handles fine for me in the twisties.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Had the opportunity to put extensive miles on a 17 F3 LTD over the weekend. I had wondered how that top box might effect the handling of this motorcycle. I was hoping that it would not have an impact on the performance, but I found out differently. I was excited about adding the top box for storage but didn't want to sacrifice performance. As I was leading demo rydes I noticed that the NANNYING was far more vigilant with the Box in place. I compared the 17 F3 LTD to the 16 LTD and the 17 F3 S (sport mode not engaged). There was very little difference between the F3 S and the 16 F3LTD, though I could get the rear tire to drift around the corner just a bit Andy the 16 LTD would not. The 17 LTD was very noticeably reined in by the Nanny slowing dramatically in the turns that the other two took like they were on rails.

Has as anyone else noticed this dramatic lack of performance from the addition of the top box? These units were identically set up and completely stock with less than 500 miles on the odometer.

Just curious! Good news is that I may have saved $2000.00
    I had a thread a while back on the Nanny restricting me on the curves on my 17 F3 L. I found that it was the passenger sensor under the seat. I fixed it by adding a foam spacer under the cap to give it more resistance. No more restriction. What I used was a slice of foam from a pipe isolation for a 3/4 inch pipe you can buy at any hardware store.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Sprockett

I thought I read that only the limited had the smaller sprocket, and all the other F3's still have the larger one.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Spyder Garage

Default Upgrade Sway Bar

Strongly recommend upgrading to a BajaRon Sway/torsion bar. Amazing improvement in handling. Reduce front end dive especially when 2 up.
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents