Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default really !!!!!!!

i was going to say that most of you with negative comments are total ASSES but i decided not to i have four harleys and the clothing and use them all as much as possible new 17 cvo limited purchased in april now has 10600 miles on it and i love everything that they have done to it i also have an f3 which i also enjoy my wife has an rt she also enjoys as far as waving goes its not they bike its the person we wave at all by the way the harley wave is below the bar not above

Spyder Garage

Thumbs down

I will say it
    Dumb Asses
    You sound more stuck up than
    Any snobs I've heard in a while.
    I love my RT
    But I loved my ultra glide.
    Many good memories.
    What the $#%&@ is this site becoming?

Spyder Garage

Did I mention mini bikes-bultacos-hondas-bridgestones-goldwings-bicycle with a drop down on tire motor- Road King- Fat Boy- ultra Glide- yamaha- Kawasaki.
    Rode em all. I am a Rider. Not a stick up my butt
    Also- Spyder clothing department could take a few lessons

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hardley-Davidson: Making noise out of gasoline for over 100 years.

Spyder Garage

I sold my Electraglide because it was too heavy for me to pick up if I dropped it if I let it get too far off vertical, which happened occasionally when maneuvering in tight spots. I bought a V-Rod, which was great fun to ride short distances but would not handle long distance riding like my Electraglide did. It would have taken thousands of $$ to make the suspension compliant enough to handle touring distances and I would still be faced with not being able to carry enough stuff to tour like I wanted to do. Solution? Spyder F3 Limited! Comfort, range, cargo capacity, modern electronics like ABS and ESC for safety, reverse gear, 3-wheel stability and fun!

Spyder Garage

Default wow

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    i was going to say that most of you with negative comments are total ASSES but i decided not to i have four harleys and the clothing and use them all as much as possible new 17 cvo limited purchased in april now has 10600 miles on it and i love everything that they have done to it i also have an f3 which i also enjoy my wife has an rt she also enjoys as far as waving goes its not they bike its the person we wave at all by the way the harley wave is below the bar not above
    { I am south of you , near Louisville ky , if you need help with riding some of those Harleys , give me a shout I have a yama , smaller cycle 2 wheels , but I do not think over 4 hours on it , long distance ride would do well , have really been looking at 1300 range cycle ! the street glide , or the Indiana chieftain just bouncing around in the thinking department which one which one which one hahaha

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Brand-Bashing is party of every owner's forum.
    But it's a bit impolite to call folks 'Dumb Asses"...
    When you feel the need to denigrate someone else's ride: are you doing it because you're a bit insecure about your own?
    Have some fun, and learn to laugh; it's all about sharing the road anyway!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Brand-Bashing is party of every owner's forum.
    But it's a bit impolite to call folks 'Dumb Asses"... it's all about sharing the road anyway!
    . Being a H-D touring bike rider from '96-'09, a GL1800 trike rider from '06-'14, and now a '15 RTL rider, I wave @every rider because we are all out there"in the wind". No matter how you shake it, these rides will set you back $30K, not including farkles. I think Harley made 2 bad business decisions:
    1. they upped production to meet demand(of their shareholders) in the mid-late 1990s, then
    2. failed to see that their price increases and not appealing to the younger generation(s) reduced their sales.
    The rumor on the street is that they are looking at buying Ducati, so their financial position must be strong.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

HD sales are dropping because HD machines are so grossly overpriced its become a joke. The competition in motorcycle manufacturers is fierce and people demand bang for their bucks. HD relies on "image" to sell their poorly built bikes and even millennial thumb suckers can see through the HD propaganda.

Spyder Garage

Default Sheesh...

I don't bash HD or any other bike anyone rides. HD builds some of the best looking bikes on the road and variety is the spice of life. Be pretty boring looking through the showrooms if all the bikes were the same wouldn't it? I like these forums because I can learn so much about whatever motorcycle I am riding at the time. They are a wealth of info and this is one of the better ones, but I will not participate in group rides or join any riding "clubs" because just like this thread all discussions end up in an argument and someone goes home with their panties in a wad. I'm not stuck up, I just don't want to listen to peoples crap all day while I try to enjoy a ride. This started as a thread about motorcycle sales being in a downward spiral, not just HD, but all models. When a discussion about motorcycles or motorcycling comes up it always involves HD because HD is the brand that EVERYONE recognizes. Hell, my six year old granddaughter can pick an HD out of the herd. Do I bash what you ride or how you ride it? Nope. Do I ride an HD? Nope. Do I wave at every motorcycle I see? Nope. Do I loose sleep over any of it? Nope. If that makes me a dumbass then so be it. If riders were as concerned about the health and well being of our sport as they are about who the hell waves at them we would be one great force with a very loud voice.
    2015 RT , Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    the dealer in my area quit selling spyders a couple years ago. they told me and I quote "we'll sell you a spyder but we won't service it". that's when they were getting away from the spyders. I saw some canam crates there a couple weeks ago when I was driving by but I expect they are side by sides. as for the Honda/Kawasaki store here in town. all you see sitting there are 4 wheelers and dirt bikes. I think they have a few street bikes in the showroom but not many. Harley store here, they seem to be doing alright, but not near as well as a few years ago. go to a bike nite at a Harley dealership and sit and observe. it's about portraying an image for most of them. I went to the Harley store yesterday to get a refill bottle of S100 cleaner. a salesman walked up to me and asked what I was riding today, I said, not a Harley!
    what I didn't tell the salesman was that I had just traded my 2008 road king classic in. I can no longer ride 2 wheels safely so I figured I would get rid of it as I rack up a lot of miles on vehicles pretty fast. so I traded the road king and my 2016 Colorado in for a 2017 buick encore. I like all bikes. I could care less what others ride or don't ride. I could care less if another rider acknowledges my presence on the road, unless I am stopped at the side of the road possibly broke down. then I expect them to check for thumbs up or thumbs down.

Spyder Garage

Default Not sure where overprice remark comes from...

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    HD sales are dropping because HD machines are so grossly overpriced its become a joke. The competition in motorcycle manufacturers is fierce and people demand bang for their bucks. HD relies on "image" to sell their poorly built bikes and even millennial thumb suckers can see through the HD propaganda.

I am not sure where grossly overpriced remark comes from...

Ultra Glide Limited: starts at 26,999
    Indian RoadMaster: starts at 29,999
    Honda Goldwing: starts at 24,699
    Can-Am RT: starts at 26,499
    BMW K1600GTL: 25,595

They are all in the same ballpark as far as price goes... What you add is up to you. These prices are from the manufactures websites.

When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The prices seem to all be pretty similar...

But the RT Limited is actually over $30K, and it's the one that matches up best to the other bikes mentioned.
    That means that We're Number One!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The prices seem to all be pretty similar...

But the RT Limited is actually over $30K, and it's the one that matches up best to the other bikes mentioned.
    That means that We're Number One!
    the triglide is higher yet, about $36,000 low end I believe.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just wait until I get the farkling started: I'll show the Tri-G my taillights!
    (including ALL of the extra lighting, Ron's Bar, Doc's Damper, Lamont's highway pegs, etc, etc...)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post

I get disappointed when I hear people say these things. Just so you know, bike buyers under age 30 buy more Harley's than any other bike. Check your information out before you speak ill of others.
    http://archive.jsonline.com/business...77686281.html/

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Spyder Garage

Cool People bashing

It was very little brand bashing going on.
    People bashing was % 90.
    So that is what p.o. me off.
    I stand by what I say when the people doing the bashing sound worse than the people they are doing it to. Plus I am a certified biker. 50 years.
    Even put a motor on a bed frame one weekend so we could get in wind.I wonder if some you all are even lovers of things that go.
    If I brand bash I've got no history.
    Sorry if I didn't wave at you when I was 8 on my mini bike.
    But! I absolutely enjoy our rtse6.
    2 out of 50 don't wave at me. But ats kool. No biggie.
    End of rant.
    The snickers are on me

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    I don't bash HD or any other bike anyone rides. HD builds some of the best looking bikes on the road and variety is the spice of life. Be pretty boring looking through the showrooms if all the bikes were the same wouldn't it? I like these forums because I can learn so much about whatever motorcycle I am riding at the time. They are a wealth of info and this is one of the better ones, but I will not participate in group rides or join any riding "clubs" because just like this thread all discussions end up in an argument and someone goes home with their panties in a wad. I'm not stuck up, I just don't want to listen to peoples crap all day while I try to enjoy a ride. This started as a thread about motorcycle sales being in a downward spiral, not just HD, but all models. When a discussion about motorcycles or motorcycling comes up it always involves HD because HD is the brand that EVERYONE recognizes. Hell, my six year old granddaughter can pick an HD out of the herd. Do I bash what you ride or how you ride it? Nope. Do I ride an HD? Nope. Do I wave at every motorcycle I see? Nope. Do I loose sleep over any of it? Nope. If that makes me a dumbass then so be it. If riders were as concerned about the health and well being of our sport as they are about who the hell waves at them we would be one great force with a very loud voice.
    Well said!
    I love how the earth rotates around the sun ... it really makes my day!

Currently Own:

2019 F3 Limited - Vegas White (Dark Edition) - His
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Short reach bars-Center footpegs-Tall boy screen-Flag holders-LED Skidplate-Spydercuffs-Ultimate seat-LED Headlights)
    *** BLOWN MOTOR Apr 21 @3,800 miles, motor replaced by BRP Jun 5, 21 ***

2019 RT Limited - Phoenix Orange (Chrome) - Hers
    (Baja Ron bar/links-Skidplate-Spydercuff-Comfort seat-LED Headlights)

Previously Owned:
    2013 RT SE5 (Orbital Blue) *31,000 Miles* - His
    2012 RT Ltd SE5 (Pink Full Body Wrap) *41,000 Miles* - Hers
    2021 Ryker 900 (Black) Sport Windshield - Foam Grips - Solo Comfort Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Scotts8826 View Post
    Sales of Harley-Davidson motorcycles are down. It is being blamed on the Boomers for getting old. I wonder where the old HD riders are going? HHMMMMM...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ha...-idUSKBN1A3126
    The way of the Buick Roadmaster, looking like a dina-sour....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billythekidd View Post
    I am not sure where grossly overpriced remark comes from...

Ultra Glide Limited: starts at 26,999
    Indian RoadMaster: starts at 29,999
    Honda Goldwing: starts at 24,699
    Can-Am RT: starts at 26,499
    BMW K1600GTL: 25,595

They are all in the same ballpark as far as price goes... What you add is up to you. These prices are from the manufactures websites.

Hey Billy. Do you see any of these millennial thumb suckers on the machines you listed? HD sells more bikes then their competition combined and as stated their sales are dropping like a rock in a pond. Those other brands do offer smaller cheaper better bang for the buck rides and as such sales are at least holding.

Spyder Garage

Default This one is moving to a Spyder

Can't speak for anyone else, but my beloved 2005 HD is going on Craigslist soon. I'm picking up my F3-S on Friday. I have no problems with the Harley when I'm on the road (well, except for the vibration, but I'm used to that), but I have a mile of gravel between me and a paved road. I took a fall on the gravel recently (totally my fault), and it spooked me, so after 12 years and 50K miles, I'm getting a Spyder. I can't wait till Friday!!

The most important thing is that I will ride more. (And I won't have to holler for my husband to help pick up the bike when I do stupid things.)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

of your new bike?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default OLD RIDERS

Quote Originally Posted by Scotts8826 View Post
    Sales of Harley-Davidson motorcycles are down. It is being blamed on the Boomers for getting old. I wonder where the old HD riders are going? HHMMMMM...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ha...-idUSKBN1A3126
    Our group, the rusty spokes, are now almost a 3 wheelers. Alot of Harley trikes, Can Am Spyders, and Gold Wing. When the legs start giving out, a choice has to be made, either quit biking or go for the 3 wheelers. Only a few left of the 2 wheelers but I bet next year, they will go the route of 3 wheelers.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If it helps to maintain your ability to get some "Wind Therapy" when you need it most, it's not a compromise: it's More time!!!