Spyder Garage

Wink Replacement for OEM "Raised Bars"?

I just read about replacing RS bars with ST set-up. Our 2009 has what I presume is OEM riser. Under the ignition switch is a flat rectangular piece that looks to cover a triangular three bolt clamp on 7/8" handle bars. The bars are about 29"wide, 3.5" rise, 4" pullback.
    The parts guys at the two shops I visited have no idea who or what the current setup is on our RS. Cruising EBay, I found 1" risers that have Can-Am packaging & logos.
    Because we do not have original set up, I'm hoping someone here might know which bars I could use to increase rise, possibly width. I ordered, picked up a ERGO bar. Unfortunately they appear to be same dimensions as those I have now. I think I need 6-7" rise & pullback, 32" width.

Thanks,
    thom

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default YOUR HANDLEBAR SET-UP

I'm pretty familiar with handlebar set-ups ...... but I don't understand yours .... It would be a BIG help to everyone concerned if you could post some pics or get someone to post them for you ....there are many ways to do this .......... In regards to the OEM riser options NONE of them will do what you want ........ Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Matahead View Post
    I just read about replacing RS bars with ST set-up. Our 2009 has what I presume is OEM riser. Under the ignition switch is a flat rectangular piece that looks to cover a triangular three bolt clamp on 7/8" handle bars. The bars are about 29"wide, 3.5" rise, 4" pullback.
    The parts guys at the two shops I visited have no idea who or what the current setup is on our RS. Cruising EBay, I found 1" risers that have Can-Am packaging & logos.
    Because we do not have original set up, I'm hoping someone here might know which bars I could use to increase rise, possibly width. I ordered, picked up a ERGO bar. Unfortunately they appear to be same dimensions as those I have now. I think I need 6-7" rise & pullback, 32" width.

Thanks,
    thom
    Like Mike stated a picture is worth a 1000 words. Then we might be able to point you in the right direction.
    David

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are your current bars one piece? Or do they look like they've been cut in a Z or multiple pieces? Again, a pic is worth a thousand words.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Unknown Bar set up

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I'm pretty familiar with handlebar set-ups ...... but I don't understand yours .... It would be a BIG help to everyone concerned if you could post some pics or get someone to post them for you ....there are many ways to do this .......... In regards to the OEM riser options NONE of them will do what you want ........ Mike

This is a regular handlebar. Just a single hollow pos tubing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

This is a regular handlebar. Just a single hollow pos tubing.
    Those was sold by Kewl Metal, which is no longer sold. Should be 7/8" handle bars. I would go much wider due to cable and wiring issues. Try and find a set with a little more rise and pull back. They should bolt on like regular MC bar once the cover is removed. They use offer a 5", 7", and a 9". Here is a video on it.
    David

Spyder Garage

Thanks,
    thom
    Don't know if they still sale them but look here for the 7" bars
    http://207.150.204.201/product.asp?pid=9401&str=0
    David

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Helibar riser plates. Also discontinued but you may be able to find one on eBay. I use these in place of the stock 1" riser block from Can Am.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HeliBars-Roa...JWIn7s&vxp=mtr

Will bring your current bars 1" higher and 4.5" closer
    Last edited by asp125; 07-18-2017 at 09:55 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Don't know if they still sale them but look here for the 7" bars
    http://207.150.204.201/product.asp?pid=9401&str=0
    David
    Hey David,
    Thanks, I think we have the 5" rise, 3.5" pullback version. I found and ordered a pair of bars 7" rise & 6" pullback. They arrive today or tomorrow, we leave for a long weekend ride Friday, so I will play with them soon. I also sent a message to the Kewlmetal I found to see if they are the same folks and if they have the proper dimensions for the 5" & 7" bars. I noticed the description states 5"7"9" pullback, but that is actually the rise measurement.