Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Thank you

After a whole lot of work, I remembered your post........& actually had another person with me.......so I tested the pin outs on the Spyder, the 4 pin flat, & then the 4 flat to 4 square Wesbar cable. YUP...YOU WERE RIGHT !!!!!! Green & brown were swapped. Saved me a trip to the trailer shop & just the day before my appointment.

Thanks for your help !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    I purchased the hitch and the plug and play harness from Pierre last month and it was a complete dream to install. I did have his video on during the install and I paused it at every step. It did not take long at all and it was much easier than he makes it look.

My 622 is a 2014 and has the 4 pin square harness, the plug and play was 4 pin flat, Pierre suggested cutting a square apart and putting it back together, well that would be a nightmare.

A company called Wesbar makes a flat to square pigtail, their website can direct you to a dealer. It is a perfect fit, except the one I got had the green and brown wires switched, not a problem, I cut the cable and switched them, then heat shrieked them together again.

Now the trailer works behind other vehicles or my Spyder.

Joe
    2016 F3 Limited with Topcase, RT-622 trailer, Lamonster LED Headlights, Lamonster LED Fog lights, Lamonster LED Ring Lights, 25" F4 windshield, BRP Belt Tensioner, 2018 Triton GU10 trailer to haul it

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool 2015 RT Limited hitch and plug and play wiring harness from Big Bike Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Jolvyc View Post
    Has anyone purchased a hitch and plug and play wiring harness from canamspyderaccessories.com? I bought a harbor freight tag along trailer today for My 2015 RT limited. My dealer wants about 730 dollars to put on the oem hitch and harness. I watched a few videos from the above website and liked the fact that the hitch can be put on in about 5 minutes and the harness that is plug and play can be done with very minimal removal of panels. I know theirs is about 500 dollars which still saves me over 200 dollars. I saw others cheaper but wasn't sure if putting on their hitch was just as easy. I seen some wiring harness where you connect it to the battery directly but that looks like a few more panels to be removed.
    I put a Big Bikes Parts Hitch $259 and Trailer Harness $79.95 on my 2015 RT Limited and it works great and is fairly simple to install. I use an American made trailer. The trick is to get the correct converter for about $30 that converts the bike from a Canadian 6 bulb system to your trailers 4 bulb system (American). You wire this on the end of the harness that goes to the trailer. Big Bikes Parts customer support with give you the brand name and model name of the converter which works great. Use the one they suggest as there are problems with other brands. Just an idea. Paul H
    Paul H
    Bend, Oregon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    I put a Big Bikes Parts Hitch $259 and Trailer Harness $79.95 on my 2015 RT Limited and it works great and is fairly simple to install. I use an American made trailer. The trick is to get the correct converter for about $30 that converts the bike from a Canadian 6 bulb system to your trailers 4 bulb system (American). You wire this on the end of the harness that goes to the trailer. Big Bikes Parts customer support with give you the brand name and model name of the converter which works great. Use the one they suggest as there are problems with other brands. Just an idea. Paul H
    Thank you so much