Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    The short answer is YES, you would require less leaning to take the turn at a given speed......

And that means that the short answer to your 'if so' question is also YES, but for both, there is quite a lot of that centrifugal force & physics stuff coming into play & really, you could spend days discussing the why's & wherefore's & most of us still wouldn't clearly understand exactly what was happening or how it applied here... hey, many of the World's experts in these fields (automotive suspension design AND physics) still argue about exactly what's going on!!

But the end result is that, if all other things remained equal, a BajaRon bar equipped Spyder will allow the rider to take a given corner with less leaning than that needed on a Non-BajaRon equipped Spyder - and it sounds to me like that's really the crux of what you're after, isn't it?!?

Go for it, I sincerely doubt you'll regret it!
    ya that ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    The short answer is YES, you would require less leaning to take the turn at a given speed......

And that means that the short answer to your 'if so' question is also YES, but for both, there is quite a lot of that centrifugal force & physics stuff coming into play & really, you could spend days discussing the why's & wherefore's & most of us still wouldn't clearly understand exactly what was happening or how it applied here... hey, many of the World's experts in these fields (automotive suspension design AND physics) still argue about exactly what's going on!!

But the end result is that, if all other things remained equal, a BajaRon bar equipped Spyder will allow the rider to take a given corner with less leaning than that needed on a Non-BajaRon equipped Spyder - and it sounds to me like that's really the crux of what you're after, isn't it?!?

Go for it, I sincerely doubt you'll regret it!
    Yes, you've grasped the crux of my questions. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    Yes, you've grasped the crux of my questions. Thanks!
    So have you ordered it already?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I've noted some excessive lean to the front outside wheel in cornering with my new '17 F3.
    Thanks to all you people for the good info regarding the BajaRon sway bar.
    I still have a few questions: (Take it easy, I'm a newbie.)
    If I understand it correctly, the installation of a BR sway bar will lessen the front end rolling to the outside of a turn?
    If I purchase one, is it user friendly to install?
    I have an appointment to have a laser alignment done soon. Should I wait until that is done to install the sway bar. or install the way bar before the alignment?
    Thanks for your wise and all-knowing input.
    JerryWA

Spyder Garage

Hi Jerry,

Re: If I understand it correctly, the installation of a BR sway bar will lessen the front end rolling to the outside of a turn?

IMO yes. Some people call them torsion bars because it is the torque of the bar resisting twist that is what keeps the body from rolling over.

Re: is it user friendly to install?

Yes, I did mine myself. If you want some help with the install, let me know.

We could do it here at my place depending upon the tools that you have.

Re: Should I wait until that is done to install the sway bar. or install the way bar before the alignment?

I see no reason why a different sway bar has an effect on an alignment.

Re: Thanks for your wise and all-knowing input.

OK, let's not get carried away.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Thanks, Jerry,
    I watched a couple videos, and think I can install it. But when I go to BajaRon's ebay store, it says none of them are compatible with my '17 F3 SM6. AARRGGHH!
    Last edited by JerryWA; 07-19-2017 at 11:14 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryWA View Post
    Thanks, Jerry,
    I watched a couple videos, and think I can install it. But when I go to BajaRon's ebay store, it says none of them are compatible with my '17 F3 SM6. AARRGGHH!
    eBay says they are not compatible because eBay's vehicle listings lag behind reality. But they will fit. Besides, you don't want to buy it from eBay anyway. Just email me at fyredad@hotmail.com and you'll save a good deal of money.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I've noted some excessive lean to the front outside wheel in cornering with my new '17 F3.
    Thanks to all you people for the good info regarding the BajaRon sway bar.
    I still have a few questions: (Take it easy, I'm a newbie.)
    If I understand it correctly, the installation of a BR sway bar will lessen the front end rolling to the outside of a turn?
    If I purchase one, is it user friendly to install?
    I have an appointment to have a laser alignment done soon. Should I wait until that is done to install the sway bar. or install the way bar before the alignment?
    Thanks for your wise and all-knowing input.
    JerryWA
    The say bar will have no affect on your alignment. so it doesn't matter if you get the bar first or the alignment first.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    eBay says they are not compatible because eBay's vehicle listings lag behind reality. But they will fit. Besides, you don't want to buy it from eBay anyway. Just email me at fyredad@hotmail.com and you'll save a good deal of money.
    Email sent.
    Thanks for your response! It seems I found the right place for info on these fun machines.

Spyder Garage

Email sent.
    Thanks for your response! It seems I found the right place for info on these fun machines.
    You cannot beat this Spyderlovers forum for information on the Spyder. I don't think there is anyone else out there that can touch this place.

Spyder Garage

Where is Harry Potter when I need him to help install all of the new bits?

Spyder Garage

You cannot beat this Spyderlovers forum for information on the Spyder. I don't think there is anyone else out there that can touch this place.
    WOW! After only a few days, I have had answers to all my queries, including solutions. I have been welcomed by some VARY nice folks, and even have a ride in planning.

I'm feeling so lucky that I'm going to ask if anyone has a few million $$ they don't need. I'd be happy to help them out. I know. It's a magnanimous gesture, but that's the kinda guy I am.

Spyder Garage

I put Rons bar on and it made a noticeable difference to me!👍👍

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    So have you ordered it already?

Pete
    I'm planning on having one installed at Spyderquest in September. Not sure how to make an appointment for it though - I haven't heard back.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke387 View Post
    Considering we have the same issues ill be the test mule for ya lol. I already bought mine, just waiting on the shocks. I think doing both is going to help. Prob be at least a week before they go on though.
    Any updates? Have you had it installed yet?

Spyder Garage

Still not yet. Just got the shocks Thurs. Was planning on tomorrow but its supposed to rain. Looks like Wed now. Cant wait.

Spyder Garage

My sway bar kit has been ordered, but not here, yet.

Spyder Garage

Red face 2017 RT Limited Swaybar question

Greetings to All-

Are the 2017 RT(s) plagued with the same issues as the F3(s) in regards to the need for replacing the stock swaybar and shocks? This is my first spyder and I'm loving it but the turns do require some effort on my part which can be taxing on me due to my physical limitations. I'm a retired disabled Marine with severe back issues which makes leaning a bit more painful than one might expect riding such an awesome piece of machinery. Any and all input is welcomed.

Respectfully,
    Keese
    Xzawlted
    2017 CAN-AM SPYDER RT LIMITED (New Owner)
    Champagne
    Freedom Trailer
    USMC RETIRED

Spyder Garage

So after much waiting we finally got the new Fox shocks and BajaRon bar installed. Definitely makes a difference. Yes it still drifts to the right on crowned roads but not nearly as bad. It now tracks more stable. It isnt so darty and undecided where on the road it wants to be. It requires far less handlebar "monitoring" than before. A relaxed grip is now possible. Before we had to constantly be giving the bars input to keep it tracking straight. Could never relax and enjoy the ride. And no it was not a kung foo grip causing it as was constantly being told to us. Been riding and racing long enough to know that is a no-no. I have been whining about this since we purchased the F3L and ive known all along there was something just not quite right. This is now how it should have come from the factory. Before it was a twitching annoying ride. Now it tracks like it always should have. Less leaning required in turns. More relaxed when riding two up as well, noticibly less body roll through turns. Im thinking the shocks have helped quite a bit as well. I would do both together for sure if anyone is thinking about doing this.
    Now onto the final change, the new tires. Ive been told this will help even more. They are in the garage and hopefully will be mounted up soon.
    Last edited by Slowpoke387; 08-07-2017 at 12:51 PM.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Tires

I think the tires may have been an issue too. Just a thought. What tires are you going to install? Little Blue
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Default OK, a REALLY stupid question

"I have put the Baja swaybar on both my Spyders (RS and then my F3s). As mods go, it is pretty cheap and probably the best thing to do for ride quality. If you feel your Spyder is a little squirrely in the turns, then go for it. "

I just bought a used Spyder - 2011 RT Limited SE5. It has several "extras", like high brake LED on trunk, CB/Comm system, chrome handlebar cover, cup holder. How would I know if it has sway bar installed? What do I look for?

Spyder Garage

Default I couldn't agree any more ...

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    The RonBar stiffens up the suspension so the Spyder doesn't roll to the outside in curves. Once it's installed, you have a whole new ride.

I absolutely agree with this and it has been the same effect for me with my RT.
    GO for it.
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mikeytheb View Post
    I just bought a used Spyder - 2011 RT Limited SE5. It has several "extras", like high brake LED on trunk, CB/Comm system, chrome handlebar cover, cup holder. How would I know if it has sway bar installed? What do I look for?

I was going to ask the same question.. I bought a 2013 ST..

Does it have some markings? Different color?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mikeytheb View Post
    "I have put the Baja swaybar on both my Spyders (RS and then my F3s). As mods go, it is pretty cheap and probably the best thing to do for ride quality. If you feel your Spyder is a little squirrely in the turns, then go for it. "

There are several ways to know if you have my bar installed or the stock bar. Take a 5/8" open end wrench and slip it over the sway bar at any straight section. If the wrench does indeed slip over the bar then it is the stock bar. If it will not go over the bar then it is my bar.

This will only work on the RT's as the GS, RS, RSS, ST and F3's have different bar diameters.

Good luck!

Spyder Garage

Thats great, what is the price on swaybar for Spyderlovers members for ST Limited 2013 currently?
    Are you having any promo for clearing it since it is quite a old model?