Spyder Garage

Default Wilbers - 2 weeks use

So, the Wilber 630/640 shocks have been in for a couple of weeks and I have been working on the best settings for me. The shocks were set for a 310lb rider, with springs that cater for 265 - 330lbs.

I have found that the front shocks have needed no rebound tweaking thus far. They really do make the F3 feel like it simply hunkers down when cornering, even over rough surfaces.

On the rear, I have tried all the rebound damping settings from firm to soft, and have currently settled on 5 clicks off soft for a comfortable ride (22 clicks from firm to soft settings), but still with sure footed rear grip. I have adjusted the sag to 33mm fully loaded with a single rider. This is at 70% preload adjustment. Adjustments are ongoing however.

I would stress that I am not looking to push the F3 to its cornering limits, but am looking for a cornering experience that fills me with confidence. Each of the Ron bar, Kuhmos and now the Wilbers, have indeed improved the experience. I have noticed a slight change in the rear with better road holding (I had the Sachs 2up shock originally on the F3-L and it did a pretty good job).

The Wilbers are a lot of money, but they have achieved what I was after and do not regret the purchase in any way. I hope this helps those thinking of going down the aftermarket shocks route.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks....

Always good to hear of products results. Looks like you are almost where you want to be with the possiblily for more...enjoy the new ryde....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Cool Happy with the new shocks

I also installed these Wilbur shocks on my F3S. My dealer said I could bring them back if I was not happy (which ain't gonna happen).
    Without even adjusting it is a major improvement in stability and in cornering. It may turn out to be even more expensive than just the shocks since my average speed has gone up
    Also appreciate that they are half inch longer than the originals.
    Any advice on adjusting (not talking about the speed here) is welcome or is it just trial and error.
    It just makes you wonder why they install the original poor shocks on such machine (here in Holland still around 25K€).
    Having said that, after 14 months and over 21.000 km's, still no regrets of moving to my F3S.

So my advice definately is to replace the original shocks, it is worth while the money!!
    2020 F3S , Matte black