The weather report said cloudy but no rain till 10 - so I took to my Spyder to run an errand - 7 miles out 7 miles back.

On the way home the sky fell and a deluge caught me off guard. When the rain comes in Mobile, Al. It can come hard, heavy and fast.

Just 3 miles from home I was being careful; moving along at 35 mph being careful to look for standing water. Then it happened, I entered a slight and I mean very slight dip in the road where 6" of water was standing for maybe 15 ft of my pathway do to poor drainage. I had a car coming up on my immediate left , and before you could sing "we all live in a yellow submarine" I was totally (felt like it) submerged in water from all directions , under, over, above and oh my gosh the car on my left plowed a wave into me that felt like a wall of wet . I held my course and speed to avoid crazy things happening. Zero visibility. I didn't hydroplane - fairly new tires - and 15 seconds later, I emerged from the wall of water, Spyder still running, still on course, and safe . I kept expecting the Spyder to cut out any second from sucking some water into the air intakes - but it kept running fine. No problems for the remainder of the ride home, BUT, I'm not planning on letting that ever happen again.