Thread: Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Default Sway Bar

Does the RT Limited come with a swaybar or is there not one there to begin with? If there is one, anyone have a pic of the two side by side, not sure what the difference is. New owner of course.
    2016 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris View Post
    Does the RT Limited come with a swaybar or is there not one there to begin with? If there is one, anyone have a pic of the two side by side, not sure what the difference is. New owner of course.
    Tyris, it might just be me, but that question doesn't appear to make any sense. Yes, Spyders have a sway bar, but "a pic of the two side by side"? The two of what?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I think he wants to know, if there is a stock one, what's the difference between BajaRons bar, and the stock one. BajaRons is heavier built and supposedly stronger to help prevent "roll" in the corners, and other benefits too. I still haven't had a chance to try mine since replacing it....but I did the replace in my 2010 RT I had and it did make a difference
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    I think he wants to know, if there is a stock one, what's the difference between BajaRons bar, and the stock one. BajaRons is heavier built and supposedly stronger to help prevent "roll" in the corners, and other benefits too. I still haven't had a chance to try mine since replacing it....but I did the replace in my 2010 RT I had and it did make a difference
    Precisely, just trying to figure out if the spyder that I have has a swaybar already, what I'm getting by getting another one. I thought a side by side comparison between the stock swaybar and the Baja swaybar would give me a clue as to if its worth spending my money on or not.

I'm not cheap, but I am somewhat "tight" I see people say that it improves the ride but seems that a lot of people stick with the stock bar as well. So kind of on the fence yet.
    2016 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

ALL Spyders come with a sway bar!
    No pic but the Baja is about twice as thick.
    The new links are metal and move as they should; the stock are really tough to move.

Believe the 1000s that have made the switch.
    You will not regret it and the easy it brings to manuevering with a proper alignment of course!

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

...I'm not cheap, but I am somewhat "tight" I see people say that it improves the ride but seems that a lot of people stick with the stock bar as well. So kind of on the fence yet.
    I consider myself frugal which my wife translates as World Class Cheap! Nevertheless, I popped for a BajaRon bar installed by the dealer as part of the OTD package. Looking at an OEM bar and Ron's you will ony be able to see the latter is larger in diameter but you can't tell just looking how much better it will make your Spyder handle. Life is short, pop for it and have more fun!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default re

The ends - are "metal" ? Not according to Baja Ron - the ends are now aluminum.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Speaking of BajaRon: He's the guy who is most likely to have some side by side comparison pictures of the bars...
    See if he'll post them for you!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Many brands View Post
    The ends - are "metal" ? Not according to Baja Ron - the ends are now aluminum.

Aluminum is a non-ferrous metal.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Yeah, I thought that might have been it, Mazo, but there was absolutely NO mention of Bajaron's stabiliser bar anywhere in the initial post, which is why the question was so confusing.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red