Spyder Garage

Default Adjust passenger floor boards

Is it possible to adjust the angle on a 2012 RT floor boards. They have a slight upward angle and was wondering if they were adjustable. Would like to make them level. Thank you

Spyder Garage

Hi Csh72, can I suggest that you try comparing the angle of the passenger floor boards to the level/angle of the passenger seat, I think they might be closer to parallel with the seat than you might think; and if you made the floorboards look level with the ground instead of matching the seat via the angle they are currently on, your passenger may end up sitting in an over-extended & uncomfortable 'toe down' position - & that's a feeling strongly supported by my regular pillion passenger, the Missus.... We just braved the cold & rain here & went out to check it all out on my 2013 RT Ltd, & don't think the angle is anywhere near as different as you might expect from just eye-balling it!

However, all that said, the floorboards can certainly be adjusted up & down (for height/reach) but there are fairly coarse 'teeth' in the bracketry that mate up with the casting they secure on to, & not much scope at all for changing the angle they are held on; altho maybe if your pillion passenger is uncomfortable you could play with them a bit to see if there's just enough movement in there to make it feel OK?! If not, you might hafta track down one of the after-market height adjusting add-ons that are available & see if you can get sufficient angle change from one of them. There have been some links & pics posted here on this Forum for these things in the relatively recent past, so it could be worth a bit of time searching, if there's not someone with a better memory than mine who can recall the link or an all important key-word?!?

Good Luck!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Once you get the height set properly: they seem to work out pretty well...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black