Spyder Garage

Default cmbspyderrss Vids

Not sure if this is the right place for members videos. If not, please delete or move as necessary.

Needed to get some seat time for decisions on how to increase the comfort so took my 14' Can Am Spyder RSS SE5 on a 75mi round trip to return some Jeans in the next town. The Spyder sure is fun and gets better every mile i put on it. Funny to see kids and some adults hanging out the window, adults giving thumbs up and people asking "What is that? Did you make it?".

*** I have never taken video with a lot of wind noise like a car or motorcycle. I typically film my remote control car stuff and I used my WP housing that has a bunch of holes drilled in it so the Mic would be better while in the case for protection. I didn't realize it amplified the wind noise so most of the vid is just driving. Lesson learned and will remedy next time. Oh and you have to charge your NoPro if you want vid longer than 10min. Oops! ***

Spyder Garage

Glad you are enjoying your new RSS. It is a really nice bike! I recommend that you post your question on the GS/RS sub-forum or over in the General Spyder Discussion. It will get more hits there. There are several forum members that have fitted their RS and often do long-distance touring on them. Ryde safe!

Spyder Garage

Default Funny thing....

As I watched your video, which regardless where you post it it will be on the general forum, i thought how interesting it was that the terrain was so similar to where we ryde. Then I glanced over to the avatar and noticed you are in Ramona. We ryde through and around there quite often on our rydes. We usually roam the 78 and 79 going to Julian, anza, borrego, idlywil and then swing to the coast around Oceanside and ryde the coast back to San Diego. Great ryding up your way and you will really enjoy it the more you ryde...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    Glad you are enjoying your new RSS. It is a really nice bike! I recommend that you post your question on the GS/RS sub-forum or over in the General Spyder Discussion. It will get more hits there. There are several forum members that have fitted their RS and often do long-distance touring on them. Ryde safe!
    Thanks for the comment. So far it is very different than 2 wheels of course and i am actually enjoying the learning curve. One of the reasons i bought it was to have fun and that is happening so all good. I have posted questions throughout the forum and i have my 3 Step direction i should go for comfort from long time ryder input. Step 1 is switching to RT bars and i am just waiting for them to arrive and will test thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    As I watched your video, which regardless where you post it it will be on the general forum, i thought how interesting it was that the terrain was so similar to where we ryde. Then I glanced over to the avatar and noticed you are in Ramona. We ryde through and around there quite often on our rydes. We usually roam the 78 and 79 going to Julian, anza, borrego, idlywil and then swing to the coast around Oceanside and ryde the coast back to San Diego. Great ryding up your way and you will really enjoy it the more you ryde...
    With my limited time to be able to ride in the past i stick to Santa Ysabel or Julian for a breakfast run, Palomar Mtn for an early lunch run and if i get up stupid early hit Idlwyld for lunch and what i call the Borrego loop when cooler. All the roads up here are very fun and look forward to more time on the Spyder. Hope to see you out there.