Spyder Garage

Default FRONT BRAKE SQUEAK

I had a low speed front brake squeak that occurred after a long run with myself and my wife on the back. The 2014 RTS only has 3500km ( 2174miles ) on it. I brought it in for service last Wednesday and the dealer cleaned the front and rear brakes, and did whatever adjustments went along with that and when I got it back all was good. Last night my wife and I went for another long run and after an hour or so the squeaking can back. The front brake pads are the originals. Are there any softer after market pads that can eliminate this issue? I am not so concerned with after market pads not lasting as long, I just want the squeaking eliminated. Any suggestions other than turning up the stereo or ear plugs lol?

Richard

IMG_20160515_1128039.jpg
    Last edited by Richard Budden; 07-15-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Spyder Garage

There are a number of different compounds available, a good EBC organic should help. You could try cleaning them again with brake cleaner and check to make sure the piston isn't stuck in the caliper.
    Bob S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GOZFST View Post
    There are a number of different compounds available, a good EBC organic should help. You could try cleaning them again with brake cleaner and check to make sure the piston isn't stuck in the caliper.
    Thanks for the tip, i appreciate it but all of that has been done. I would still like to know if thre are any softer non metallic pads out there that would be a good replacement for the original pads. I am sure someone's makes a replacement.

Richard

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see....

Only know of the EBC pads and discs from BajaRon. He has semi sintered and sintered as well as original. Have found that cleaning your brakes with simple green works well for squeaks and squealing. Has been a problem especially with the RT's
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default brakes

I have posted this before.What I do is back up for about 20 yds gently ridding the brakes.This has worked for my RT and ST.I don't know what that has to do with any thing but it has always worked for me.

Spyder Garage

Default Brake quiet

Any auto parts store. Remove pads, paint this pink stuff on, wait 10 minutes, put pads back on. I just did this for a friend yesterday. Works great!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system