Spyder Garage

Default Front tire vibration

I have had a front tire vibration since I bought my 2016 RTS a year ago. I have put on a tensioner, replaces tires twice, had the all balanced and 3 wheel aligned. Its had new rims and tires put on it today and it still vibrates at 74 to 80- MPH. I have replaced the front end with a baja ron bar as well. I run the tires at 20 pounds in the front and 29 to 30 in the rear. BTW, I got 14k miles out of my rear tire! I don't know what else to do with it. Its done this since day one and Can Am has no idea whats wrong.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a fix for it?

I have had this bike in the shop for this problem more than a dozen times. Anyone have an idea?
    Claimbo
    2016 RTS , GPS, entertainment cable. Outlets in trunk and trunk. White

Spyder Garage

Dynamic Balancers from LaMonster or TricLED, try just the front set and see if they don't smooth it out. They did for my Spyder running PPA wheels with no wheel weights even.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FRONT VIBRATION

99% of the time it is caused by tire imbalance ( rarely wheel imbalance ) however if you have Kenda tires it could very well be the tires ..... they are known to have defective tires frequently ..... or whoever did your tire/wheel balancing didn't know how to do it ........ Mike

Spyder Garage

Wot 'e ^^ says!! If you are still running Kendas, then that's most likely gonna be your problem!! Toss them & get some quality tires!

I reckon you'll be surprised at how well your Spyder CAN feel & behave once it's got some good rubber under it!

Spyder Garage

Did they check other mechanical stuff like bushings, bearings, rear tire balance, rear rim, rear sprocket, front sprocket, the drive belt...etc...? Could there be a body panel loose underneath somewhere?
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Dynamic Balancers from LaMonster or TricLED, try just the front set and see if they don't smooth it out. They did for my Spyder running PPA wheels with no wheel weights even.
    I tried that. It didn't work. Thanks anyway.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    99% of the time it is caused by tire imbalance ( rarely wheel imbalance ) however if you have Kenda tires it could very well be the tires ..... they are known to have defective tires frequently ..... or whoever did your tire/wheel balancing didn't know how to do it ........ Mike
    I saw the tires being balanced. They were done correctly. Its not balancing. This is the third set of Kendras. I can't imagine all three sets and rims can be bad. Thanks anyway.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Did they check other mechanical stuff like bushings, bearings, rear tire balance, rear rim, rear sprocket, front sprocket, the drive belt...etc...? Could there be a body panel loose underneath somewhere?

Yes, they checked it all. I just had my 13k maintenance . Everything has been has been checked. Its supposably all good.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You know how many times I had my tires/wheels balanced and they were still not right.
    Finally the last place did them right

I went with a road force balance ..Locate one of those machines and someone that knows how to use it and you should be better. Oh and they will need a small cone for there machine most shops don't have the small cone.

I bring one with me and have them balance the Spyder wheels that way.

Stock wheels maybe the problem as I went with a whole different tire than stock and same results until the balance was corrected properly

good luck

Spyder Garage

Default Vibration

2015 RT S, had the same problem. Dealer tried different wheels off of a demonstrator they had in stock the the problem went away. They replaced the tires, balanced and lazer aligned and problem went away. I feel your frustration, as mine was similar. By the way they put kendas back on. They don't use anything else they said. Have 4000 miles on them and they still run nice. I have 13500 on the rear Kenda and still have tread. It will need to be replaced end of season, but seems ok to me. (By the way, I looked at the wheel weights on the front tires they installed and the left one has A LOT of stick on weights, but again, runs fine. Just can't see a new tire needing that much weight. )
    2015 RT S , None Tried one, but took it off. Didn't like it Black and Silver

Spyder Garage

I just replaced my front tires to Federals and removed the Vee brand. What a difference. The Vee tires would shake the front end something fierce , even with Lamonsters balencers. Talking around found out that the Vee tires are made as bad as the OEM's are. Out of round and never be able to balance them.
    After 2 months of fighting front end problems will NEVER buy Vee brand tires again. There even made for the Spyders. Wonder if they make the Kendas under contract.......

Spyder Garage

kendra's suck. get rid of them and you'll love your bike again
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have Federals on the RT and love them. Just bought another set for the F3. Kendras suck.

Spyder Garage

Another vote to toss the Kenda's. You will be amazed at the immediate improvement in smoothness and ride quality. You can order Federals, Continentals Yokohamas and so on and take the wheels and tires to a local tire shop to mount and balance them.
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black