Spyder Garage

Default Admore Lighting LED Kit for GIVI 35 side cases

IMG_2947.jpgIMG_2945.jpgIMG_2943.jpg
    New Spyder owner, (2008 GS), and ordered the Admore Lighting LED kit. These are great! When you switch on the Spyder these light up along with the tail lights. They flash when signaling or using the 4 ways, and brighten when you hit the brakes. Much better visibility! I am not a super mechanic, just an average Joe. This was an easy install. The instructions are clear and easy to follow. Installing the LED's in behind the red lenses was simple. The kit comes with ample wiring and watertight connectors for the outside of the GIVI cases. Getting to the wiring inside the tail of the Spyder was much easier than figuring out which wire was which, as the shop manual does not tell you. Pop off the tail light cover (1 hex screw) and remove the lower tail cover (6 hex screws). ID one of the two tail light plugs. Unwrap the black wire tape-and remove the plastic tubing that covers it. Remove some more black tape to free up the tail light wires. ID the left and right turn wires. They give you these trick little "Posi-Tap" connectors. (You will use these in a minute) Here are the light colors for the 2008:
    TAIL LIGHT (Wires going into the tail light plug)
    Tail Light wire is ORANGE
    Brake Light wire is WHITE
    Ground is BLACK
    Attach a Posi-Tap to each of these wires.
    Each of the flashers has a white and a black wire. You will only need to tap into the white wire. Colors are the same on both sides.
    Now attach the 5 wire harness from the kit to the Posi-Tap connectors:
    Harness Spyder
    BLUE ORANGE (Tail Light)
    RED WHITE (Brake)
    GREEN WHITE (Right Turn)
    YELLOW WHITE (Left Turn)
    BLACK BLACK (Ground) (I used the ground on the tail light group)

Put your bags on and connect and test. When it all works route your wires and use some tie wraps to secure the cables.
    Re-install the covers and you are good to go. This took me a simple 2-3 hours, maybe. I was watching NCIS while I was doing the job so who really knows. No frustration just a great product, easy to install and behaves exactly as advertised. (Too bad changing the oil isn't this easy!)
    Last edited by philbtv; 07-27-2017 at 06:56 PM.
    2008 GS , Standard Seal Floorboard extension with Spyder logo cut out and teflon spacers to raise it. Yellow/Black

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting

Nice job, I'd like to see photo of inside the bag. I recently installed a set from Custom Dynamics, I couldn't figure out how to run the wires from inside to outside. (Read the instructions 3x before calling. Still didn't make sense) So I cut a hole under each bag about an inch from front hinge. Put duct tape to hold wires down inside. Wires run up along the passenger peg mounts. Also set the OEM turn signals to be run-turn-brake lights. Also replaced the bag reflector with trailer running light.

Spyder Garage

I did the same two years ago and then added a third strip of LEDs to each .
    More LEDs = more light to the rear !

pics here: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ghlight=jmbiii
    Veni, vidi, discessit

Potius sero quam nunquam

Spyder Garage

Very nice. I added that lighting to the Givi V35 bags on my Kawasaki Versys. Really lights up the back end and that's a good thing.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Default Inside of bags

Matahead,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner-I didn't see your question. Here a a couple of pics of the inside of the bags.
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    This is the inside of the door. The wires from the LED strip are just two loose wires. You drill a small hole behind the red lens. They connect to the heavier black wire that had the watertight connector on the end. (Yes, it comes pre-built.) You do have to use 2 wire clamps to splice the LED wires to the black cable. (Yes, they are included in the kit.) I got some super heavy duty duct tape and covered it all. You can see the bumps in the tape from the crimp splices. We've had quite a bit of 90+ days out west and the tape hasn't budged.
    IMG_2980.jpgThe main compartment of the bag has the heavier black cable running across the bottom-near the rear of the case. You drill a larger hole for the connector. (They even include the drill bit for this so you get the perfect size hole.) The little cable clips have self-adhesive pads on them. They don't seem to hold so well. I'm trying to use some Gorrilla glue to see if I can make them stick. The cable has never caught in the door.
    IMG_2982.jpgHere's what it looks like from the outside. You need to be careful not to over tighten the nut otherwise the soft washer won't compress evenly.

Hope this is helpful! Ride on!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 GS , Standard Seal Floorboard extension with Spyder logo cut out and teflon spacers to raise it. Yellow/Black

Spyder Garage

Default Nice!

I like the clean inside. I will have to do this again, darn It! My wife just made a heck of a deal on a '13 ST-S in Magnesium. Do the Admore lights come with a Run-Turn-Brake module? I thought of removing the turn signals, just using bag lights for signals, but the mounting would be sticking out...
    BTW, did you buy direct from Admore?

Spyder Garage

Default Admore Lighting

Matahead,
    Yes the LED kit comes with a built in controller/microprocessor built into the wiring harness. (It's all shrink wrapped and well protected from the elements.) You just tap into the correct wires on your bike and away it goes. Mine is a running/brake/turn-flasher system. Works great. So the original Spyder lights function normally in addition to the new LED's. The kit has everything except the gaff tape. BTW, I used T-Rex tape. And using Gorilla glue seems to have held the little wire clips in place.

Enjoy!

Phil

Spyder Garage

Default Admore

Yes, I ordered direct from Admore Lighting. admorelighting.com
    The Spyder kit was only $149.00 US plus shipping. They also make some harnesses for specific bikes but the Spyder uses their standard harness.

Phil

Spyder Garage

I've been looking at this and some other threads from the past.

I have seen where some people seem to have added an extra led strip to the Admore unit. Does anyone know if the built in controller can handle another tapped-in added led unit to the circuit without affecting its ability to properly operate? I am considering replacing the reflectors on the side cases with led units and wish to know if the controller can deal with it.
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac

Spyder Garage

I kind of remember them telling me the controller could handle two more lights (four strips of leds).
    I just added two strips and they work just fine.
    Send them an email. They will answer your question.
    Good people to do business with.
    Veni, vidi, discessit

Potius sero quam nunquam

Spyder Garage

Yes, that is their response to me today. Up to 2 more per side.
    2014 ST-S , OEM Yes Cognac