Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Admore Lighting LED Kit for GIVI 35 side cases

IMG_2947.jpgIMG_2945.jpgIMG_2943.jpg
    New Spyder owner, (2008 GS), and ordered the Admore Lighting LED kit. These are great! When you switch on the Spyder these light up along with the tail lights. They flash when signaling or using the 4 ways, and brighten when you hit the brakes. Much better visibility! I am not a super mechanic, just an average Joe. This was an easy install. The instructions are clear and easy to follow. Installing the LED's in behind the red lenses was simple. The kit comes with ample wiring and watertight connectors for the outside of the GIVI cases. Getting to the wiring inside the tail of the Spyder was much easier than figuring out which wire was which, as the shop manual does not tell you. Pop off the tail light cover (1 hex screw) and remove the lower tail cover (6 hex screws). ID one of the two tail light plugs. Unwrap the black wire tape-and remove the plastic tubing that covers it. Remove some more black tape to free up the tail light wires. ID the left and right turn wires. They give you these trick little "Posi-Tap" connectors. (You will use these in a minute) Here are the light colors for the 2008:
    TAIL LIGHT (Wires going into the tail light plug)
    Tail Light wire is ORANGE
    Brake Light wire is WHITE
    Ground is BLACK
    Attach a Posi-Tap to each of these wires.
    Each of the flashers has a white and a black wire. You will only need to tap into the white wire. Colors are the same on both sides.
    Now attach the 5 wire harness from the kit to the Posi-Tap connectors:
    Harness Spyder
    BLUE ORANGE (Tail Light)
    RED WHITE (Brake)
    GREEN WHITE (Right Turn)
    YELLOW WHITE (Left Turn)
    BLACK BLACK (Ground) (I used the ground on the tail light group)

Put your bags on and connect and test. When it all works route your wires and use some tie wraps to secure the cables.
    Re-install the covers and you are good to go. This took me a simple 2-3 hours, maybe. I was watching NCIS while I was doing the job so who really knows. No frustration just a great product, easy to install and behaves exactly as advertised. (Too bad changing the oil isn't this easy!)
    Last edited by philbtv; 07-27-2017 at 06:56 PM.
    2008 GS , Standard Seal Floorboard extension with Spyder logo cut out and teflon spacers to raise it. Yellow/Black