Thread: HOME SAFELY

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HOME SAFELY

HI ALL,
    My 6 months in Mexico has come to an end. I want to thank my shop mgr., Mike for doing such a great job of taking care of the shop while I was playing and singing in beautiful Puerto Vallarta. Time to get back to work. As usual I drive the 2,500. from Oregon to Puerto Vallarta and back. This year, while driving North, I got into a wreck about 100 miles south of the border. My truck and the other car were totaled. Whose fault, me or the other driver is a tough call. However, he being a Mexican and me a gringo, the blame went to me. Thank God for Air Bags and Seat Belts. I was alone and the other car had 3 people. NOT A CRATCH ON ANYONE! The Federal Police and Both Ins companies were quick to the scene. Everyones papers were in order. The other people couldn't have been nicer. All 3 men spoke English. There was no shouting or accusing. Handshakes all around and we wished we could have met in better circumstances. They translated for me to the Fed. Cop. He was also very cordial. With an english speaking Ins. agent, everything went smoothly. As the two vehicles were being loaded, the Federally said he could give us both a ticked, but it would cause him a lot of paper work. He suggested we pretend it never happened. We all shook hands (No effort to shake me down). and went our separate ways. My ins. guy took me to the airport in Hermicello and helped me get a ticket home for the next day, then took me to a hotel and helped me check it. WHAT AN ADVENTURE! It could have gone so wrong, in so many ways (including jail). My Higher Power took care of me and everyone else. I love Mexico and it's people. I've owned a house in PV for18 yrs. and have always found the Mexican people to be kind and helpful when I have asked strangers. I have many Mexican friends and they treat me like family.

Time to get a new truck and back to running Seal Floorboards. Remember, my friends ,
    Ride in comfort,
    John
    Last edited by sealfloorboards; 05-02-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad no one was hurt, welcome back.

Spyder Garage

Default Wow...!!

Glad no one was hurt and you are home safe and sound. Quite an experience..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default HOME SAFELY

John, so glad you and all others were not injured badly. Air bags and seatbelt/shoulder harness are so great. Be Safe and drive carefully. Life is so very fragile; and we don't bounce as well as we did when we were 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi John
    Glad all worked out OK and no one hurt, you can always get a new truck
    Sounds like another 6 mo. is in order, Julie and I will be down there next
    fall and winter but I think we will only be there 3 mo. so I know we will be in touch.
    We always stay south by the fishing pier.
    Adios
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    HI ALL,
    My 6 months in Mexico has come to an end. I want to thank my shop mgr., Mike for doing such a great job of taking care of the shop while I was playing and singing in beautiful Puerto Vallarta. Time to get back to work. As usual I drive the 2,500. from Oregon to Puerto Vallarta and back. This year, while driving North, I got into a wreck about 100 miles south of the border. My truck and the other car were totaled. Whose fault, me or the other driver is a tough call. However, he being a Mexican and me a gringo, the blame went to me. Thank God for Air Bags and Seat Belts. I was alone and the other car had 3 people. NOT A CRATCH ON ANYONE! The Federal Police and Both Ins companies were quick to the scene. Everyones papers were in order. The other people couldn't have been nicer. All 3 men spoke English. There was no shouting or accusing. Handshakes all around and we wished we could have met in better circumstances. They translated for me to the Fed. Cop. He was also very cordial. With an english speaking Ins. agent, everything went smoothly. As the two vehicles were being loaded, the Federally said he could give us both a ticked, but it would cause him a lot of paper work. He suggested we pretend it never happened. We all shook hands (No effort to shake me down). and went our separate ways. My ins. guy took me to the airport in Hermicello and helped me get a ticket home for the next day, then took me to a hotel and helped me check it. WHAT AN ADVENTURE! It could have gone so wrong, in so many ways (including jail). My Higher Power took care of me and everyone else. I love Mexico and it's people. I've owned a house in PV for18 yrs. and have always found the Mexican people to be kind and helpful when I have asked strangers. I have many Mexican friends and they treat me like family.

Time to get a new truck and back to running Seal Floorboards. Remember, my friends ,
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Hi John
    Glad all worked out OK and no one hurt, you can always get a new truck
    Sounds like another 6 mo. is in order, Julie and I will be down there next
    fall and winter but I think we will only be there 3 mo. so I know we will be in touch.
    We always stay south by the fishing pier.
    Adios
    Dave
    HI DAVE,
    Sorry I missed you this yr. Looking forward to getting together with you and Julie. Lots of good restaurants along that strip: C C's, Langistanos plus. PV is a great place to eat. If you're down there in Dec., maybe you can come to my first one man concert at the Boutique Theater, on Basillio Badiao. Classic R&R. It's music in PV and Spiders in Oregon.
    Be well.