Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Getting ready to purchase first Spyder.

Found this forum while researching Spyder. Looking at a new 2016 or 2017 RTS. Looking for info on good dealer in St. Louis Mo. area. Checked with Big St. Charles and CowTown. Any advice on these or others? Currently have a 2013 Harley Sportster 1200C to trade. Should I expect a large increase in insurance or possibly lower? Looking to add the 3 years BEST coverage. Should I do this upfront or wait 2 years?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mocruiser View Post
    Found this forum while researching Spyder. Looking at a new 2016 or 2017 RTS. Looking for info on good dealer in St. Louis Mo. area. Checked with Big St. Charles and CowTown. Any advice on these or others? Currently have a 2013 Harley Sportster 1200C to trade. Should I expect a large increase in insurance or possibly lower? Looking to add the 3 years BEST coverage. Should I do this upfront or wait 2 years?
    I would wait on the extended warranty. Just give yourself time to get use to the difference between the bike and the Spyder. I rode 2 wheels for 45 years. Had my both knees replaced and went the Spyder route. Didn't like it at first and missed the 2 wheels. But now I have just as much fun as ever. If I had good knees would probably own both. Usually Cow Town has good deals. Check with Pitbull in Springfield. They seem to always make good deals.
    David

Spyder Garage

I tried haggling and got nowhere, but it was discounted pretty good. The only other thing I wish I would have done is upgraded the seat. Good Luck and post pics when you get it.

2016 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

Welcome! I would recommend that you call Pitbull Powersports down in Springfield. They are easily one of the best dealerships in the country and will take care of you. It's well worth the short drive down there from St Louis.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    Welcome! I would recommend that you call Pitbull Powersports down in Springfield. They are easily one of the best dealerships in the country and will take care of you. It's well worth the short drive down there from St Louis.

Pitbull is the #1 dealer in the country. Though I'm 300 miles from them, that's where I buy Spyders.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought from a small mom-n-pop dealer so haggling was nill.
    Friendly advice, these machines are not cheap so if your counting every dollar maybe its not for you.
    I would also ask about maintenance, maybe they will care for it for the first 18,000 miles. Saves you several hundred and is cheap for them.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post

Pitbull is the #1 dealer in the country. Though I'm 300 miles from them, that's where I buy Spyders.
    People rave about Pitbull but I could not get them to return phone calls or emails when I was interested in a Spyder F3 they hand. Because of this, I will never do business with them.

Spyder Garage

I would wait on the extended warranty. You have two years to decide if you need it or not. It is an added expense up front--for some it matters more than others.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Cowtown is the place to go if it is not too far from you.

They will have most likely experienced mechanics, and are good people.

They are the parents of Len, who is the owner of PitBull Powersports.

I like the whole family, although, can't say that they all do.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am a big fan of Cowtown USA. Not only will they give you a fair price, they also are fair on service costs. I bought my 2014 RT there and they have been great even after the sale.
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black