Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Zoroastrian, Buddhist, etc etc

Good messages are everywhere - it does not have to be as narrowly defined to one brand, as you have done !!

over and out

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    Zoroastrian, Buddhist, etc etc

Good messages are everywhere - it does not have to be as narrowly defined to one brand, as you have done !!

over and out
    I agree, there are some Truths to all religions. Fullness of what God has chosen to reveal to us is found in one. Some choose to dive deeper, some choose not to, but grace is free for everyone.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Schwingel9 View Post
    I agree, there are some Truths to all religions. Fullness of what God has chosen to reveal to us is found in one. Some choose to dive deeper, some choose not to, but grace is free for everyone.
    truth from which god? aztec, greek, norse, cimmerian, vulcan, xandarian......
    too many gods to choose from, personally i listen to Crom and the gods of Galador (bob do you remember who they are from?).

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'll need a drink, before I try to answer that question!

JerryB,
    We may not be a "Christian Nation"; but our origin is certainly based upon Judaeo-Christian values.
    .....and the separation of Church and State
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    truth from which god? aztec, greek, norse, cimmerian, vulcan, xandarian......
    too many gods to choose from, personally i listen to Crom and the gods of Galador (bob do you remember who they are from?).
    By definition there can be only one God.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

so let's just keep religion out of government, as the first amendment states!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

how about we keep religion out of this post and this forum as lamont states.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post

When read in context, that does not mean religion is banned from government, it simply means the state will not recognize one religion as the states religion.

This might be a good thing, judging by history and how power corrupts men. Now, we can take all of our beliefs into acts of government policies. Will it work? We will find out.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

By definition there can be only one God.
    Which definition would that be?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How would you know that? Unless you have devoted your life to studying every religion you cannot say that with certainty. Just as you cannot claim any of your beliefs as TRUTHS!

They are beliefs, not facts. So keep 'em to yourself before you really get me pissed off.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Which definition would that be?
    God's definition through His Divine Revalation.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They are beliefs, not facts. So keep 'em to yourself before you really get me pissed off.
    There's no need to get aggravated. Some folks just like to hit others over the head with Bibles: that's all.
    They can't help it...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

How would you know that? Unless you have devoted your life to studying every religion you cannot say that with certainty. Just as you cannot claim any of your beliefs as TRUTHS!

I have devoted my life to God and theology, moral theology and apologetics specifically.

God is Truth, Truth is immutable. Simply apply that truth to anything, be it religion or what ever. If it contradicts Gods natural moral law, it is not True.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"I do think it's time the USA bring all this "stuff" out of the closet so to speak. Drugs, sex, etc...when it's perceived as bad and made illegal its driven underground where it does (or can) become a bad or worse thing than if it were just out in the open."

When used in the correct context of what it is designed for, these things are not intrinsically evil. Sex for instance, was designed by God for husband and wife for procreation. When used out of context or in immoral ways, then evil is abound, abortion, stds, divorce due to infidelity and so on. Sex has a purpose and is sacred and holy in the bond of matrimony. Sex is not a recreational sport. The same with drugs, they are not designed for recreational purposes, they are for aiding in healing and promoting health. Getting stoned is not healthy for the body or good for society. Making everything legal so we can tax it and make money on it, or doing what ever feels good, is not an answer to any problems.
    The concept of evil does not exist outside of religion. If you're going to argue a point of view based on religious beliefs rather than facts and reason what good does that do?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

There's no need to get aggravated. Some folks just like to hit others over the head with Bibles: that's all.
    They can't help it...
    I agree, especially hard cover Catholic one's. Protestant bibles hurt less, under no authority they removed 7 books.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When we stop praying, hoping, believing, and showing mercy for each other, we are nothing more than animals.
    I think you just called us animals.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have devoted my life to God and theology, moral theology and apologetics specifically.

God is Truth, Truth is immutable. Simply apply that truth to anything, be it religion or what ever. If it contradicts Gods natural moral law, it is not True.
    Good for you!
    Now; would you please dial it back a little bit?
    You WILL get this thread pulled!

Spyder Garage

The concept of evil does not exist outside of religion. If you're going to argue a point of view based on religious beliefs rather than facts and reason what good does that do?
    Evil does exist, this has been proven thousands of years ago. Yes, out side of religion, through reason. If you want, I can explain it and explain evil through religion also.

The evil conversation outside of religion revolves around moral relativism.

The evil conversation in the realm of religion revolves around the question is "why does God allow evil."

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

1.This post is about politics and morality though.
    2. I agree, one should never put down another's relgion,
    3. but to remove all thought of God when discussing these matters, because a person might say something offending seems a bit overbearing and keeps the discussion mundane and one-sided.
    1. No, it's about discussing the various viewpoints held by members on the question of what role government should play in addressing the current opioid epidemic. That's not politics unless you make a statement based on political dogma rather than personal beliefs about the role of government.

2. I disagree. I'll put down your religion any time you try to try to inject it into the conversation.

3. We're not talking about removing thought of God; you want to do that go right ahead. We are talking about removing religious beliefs from a discussion that has nothing to do with religion. It doesn't offend me; it causes me to discount everything you say.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Good for you!
    Now; would you please dial it back a little bit?
    You WILL get this thread pulled!
    It will be fine. The moderator is a Christian. Civil conversation, out of love, for his God is what we are called to do, in any circle, at anytime. That is biblical.

Spyder Garage

1. No, it's about discussing the various viewpoints held by members on the question of what role government should play in addressing the current opioid epidemic. That's not politics unless you make a statement based on political dogma rather than personal beliefs about the role of government.

2. I disagree. I'll put down your religion any time you try to try to inject it into the conversation.

3. We're not talking about removing thought of God; you want to do that go right ahead. We are talking about removing religious beliefs from a discussion that has nothing to do with religion. It doesn't offend me; it causes me to discount everything you say.
    1. This has been discussed. Re-read the posts.

2. That's fine.

3. That's fine.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree we have freedom to choose or not to choose God, that is your God given right and civic right to choose or not to God.
    How can you say you believe in (and presumably support) my freedom to choose whether to believe and then say that right is given to me by 'god'? Are you saying if I choose to believe there is no god, then I have lost my right to choose because that right came from 'god'?

Wow! What kind of convoluted nonsense is that?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

By definition God is love, love that our finite minds can't fully understand, yet. So yes, God loves those that do work to love Him and others. But, He searches for His lost sheep more than we can comprehend.
    Okay, I'm calling you out on this one. Where is it defined, except in religious texts, that god is love? You're using your own belief system to validate your own belief system. Try thinking for yourself instead of chasing your tail with beliefs piled on top of beliefs.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Both of you guys need a trip out behind the woodshed...
    You're now down to arguing over stupid things like semantics.
    Please put the keyboards away, and go take your dogs for a walk!

Spyder Garage

How can you say you believe in (and presumably support) my freedom to choose whether to believe and then say that right is given to me by 'god'? Are you saying if I choose to believe there is no god, then I have lost my right to choose because that right came from 'god'?

Wow! What kind of convoluted nonsense is that?
    Not exactly sure what you are asking, but let me be more specific. We all have free will, free will is a gift from God to us. Free will is a necessity in order to have a truly loving relationship. God does not want, nor did He create robots. He created rational beings that had and have the ability to choose Him or not to. Some humans do, some dont. Some angels did, some didn't.

Humans at anytime are free to turn to or turn away while here on earth. Because of their superior intelligence the angels made one selection.