Quote Originally Posted by Notn2bars View Post
A service rep with the dealer finally called back. So kudos for that. I told him the reason I had called was because we recently purchased an 08 Spyder that had been sitting for 3 years. He asked what model it was, so evidently dealer service reps don't know what models were made in what years. After telling him it is a GS, and I would like to know how to remove the tank he responded that he would talk to a tech and did I mind being put on hold. When he returned these were his words, "I talked to a tech and he said that it is a very technical job and many parts must be removed in order to remove the tank. If you want the tank removed, you must bring it into the dealer. We are not allowed to release technical information like that to customers." I guess they figured I'm too stupid to be able to handle such a technical job. Didn't bother to tell him I already had it out. Thought ya'll might get a chuckle out of my latest dealer story.
I am not in Love with dealers and have stated as much many times ....... However I think He gave you a decent answer .... in todays litigious society people SUE YOU even if it's entirely THEIR fault ....... plus I'm sure it's BRP policy that He was following........ I wouldn't fault them on this one .....the other yes however ..... Mike