Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Cool National Parks Senior Passes going up in $ soon!

Hi Y'all,

Just a Hint for the couple of Seniors we might have on the Forum. I rode up to Chelan National Park Service Office this morning and picked up a Sr. Park Pass that is good for a life time. The Ranger told me these Passes are going up to $80 apiece soon. They are $10 at the present time. Theses passes will probably be used a lot at St. George.
    Was a nice ride over the top through the wheat fields, and came back along the Columbia river., high Temp. was 90º.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Spyder Garage

Default Senior Pass - Motorcycle Sticker

I have a senior pass. The hard thing is finding a place that will issue the motorcycle sticker. I have checked the national parks website for the senior pass, it will list several places where you should be able to pick-up the motorcycle sticker. I usually run in to " never heard of that" or " yes we are authorized, but they have not sent me the stickers".

The last place I was able to pick up the sticker was at Big Ben, TX. I hope I can get it issued in St. George, UT.

Michael
    W5MWI

USN Vet - RM1
    Member: VFW & American Legion

2020 Spyder RT-L - Jupiter Metallic Blue Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gator37 View Post
    Hi Y'all,

Just a Hint for the couple of Seniors we might have on the Forum. I rode up to Chelan National Park Service Office this morning and picked up a Sr. Park Pass that is good for a life time. The Ranger told me these Passes are going up to $80 apiece soon. They are $10 at the present time. Theses passes will probably be used a lot at St. George.
    Was a nice ride over the top through the wheat fields, and came back along the Columbia river., high Temp. was 90º.

90* ? That's a cold night here in Tucson. Good tip, been using my senior pass now for 22 years. Also it is good for everyone in your car or on your motorcycle. Remember it is only good for National and not State Parks.

FYI 40 year resident of Bainbridge Is. and Redmond Wa. Miss that place.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bandera View Post
    I have a senior pass. The hard thing is finding a place that will issue the motorcycle sticker. I have checked the national parks website for the senior pass, it will list several places where you should be able to pick-up the motorcycle sticker. I usually run in to " never heard of that" or " yes we are authorized, but they have not sent me the stickers".

The last place I was able to pick up the sticker was at Big Ben, TX. I hope I can get it issued in St. George, UT.

Michael

Never heard of the sticker. Always just flash my card whatever I am driving.

​Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

One time fee of $80? I pay that for an annual pass.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default Great tip

I actually got mine in St. George at the Red Rock Ralley. Didn't even know about them and I've been old a long time...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Michael
    My senior pass isn't a sticker but a card I carry.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

​Jack
    I agree. No sticker, just plastic ID card.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Isn't Big Ben in London? How did you get your bike over there? Or, did someone bring it over to Texas like a lot of other landmarks that have come across the pond?
    Last edited by UtahPete; 07-10-2017 at 07:53 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Senior Pass - Motorcycle Sticker

To get the motorcycle sticker, you show your senior pass and motorcycle registration and they will give you a sticker (free of charge) so you do not have to pull out the card, they just have to look at the sticker. The sticker is only good for a year. So you have to keep getting a new one every year. It is just difficult finding a national park that has them to issue.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

​Jack
    W5MWI

USN Vet - RM1
    Member: VFW & American Legion

2020 Spyder RT-L - Jupiter Metallic Blue Chrome

Spyder Garage

Default Sticker

I receive a lifetime pass for being 100% disabled veteran when wife I went into a National Park for the first time on our bike, I asked the attendant working what to do in a case where the gate is not manned since we cannot just hang it from out mirror and lock the door.

I was told to either just park and it should be ok when they see a bike they assume they person has a pass and or just leave your phone number on the seat so if you are away from your bike they could call and verify you had the pass (and you could get that added benefits of all the freaks calling you too). I did not like either of the answers but that is what I got.

Spyder Garage

Hey Jack

They have then at Saguaro National Park (West) on Kinney
    I personally think they are to cheap and the National Parks need funds. IMHO
    Last edited by ABQSpyder; 07-10-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Parks Canada National Parks pass to all of Canada's National parks is free this year. 2017 is Canada's 150th birthday and so the gift. Plus the Canadian dollar is trading at 30% off par with the American dollar. Such a deal !!!

Spyder Garage

Default Here you go

NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service
    How do I display my pass?

Your pass must be fixed to a section of untinted windscreen on the right-hand side of your motor vehicle, where it doesn’t obstruct the driver's vision. For motorcycles, it’s recommended the annual pass be stuck to a registration label holder (available from auto accessory stores) which is affixed to any suitable mounting or bracket at the front-left-hand side of the motorcycle.

Spyder Garage

Picked mine up today at Denali. Cost will be going to $80.00 end of August. Just in time for the leaf-peepers in the lower 48. It's good for the bearer and 3 additional people in the group.

Spyder Garage

Default US park pass

we got our national park last year just a plastic card just show the card and drive in works at all national parks never heard about a sticker except in state parks like here in Minnesota motorcyclists here get state park passes that are cards, stickers must be displayed on the windshield only on autos, trucks, or RVs.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    One time fee of $80? I pay that for an annual pass.
    Annual pass for what? Surely not National Parks. Or is that the charge for those who aren't senior qualified?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Right on about getting a Senior Pass for National Parks. It is a one time fee--I think I paid about $20 for mine back when I turned 62 or so.

It has admitted me and the passengers into many National Parks over the years. Mine is like a credit card and all I have to do is flash it to the ranger and I am in.

It's still a good deal at $80--IMO.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kep-up View Post
    Picked mine up today at Denali. Cost will be going to $80.00 end of August. Just in time for the leaf-peepers in the lower 48. It's good for the bearer and 3 additional people in the group.
    Glad to see you made it to the Last Frontier. Did you get to see the Great One--Denali? Sometimes she hides in the clouds.

Post some details if you can. Alaska is a great fascination for a lot of the members.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-11-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Unmanned

I think the sticker in question is for when the gate is unmanned, we just went to Acadia National Park and there was no one manning the gate when we arrived, we were in our car proceeded to Cadillac Mountain later there was a ranger looking for the card being displayed in vehicles. This would not be ideal for a bike as there would be no way for sticky fingers not to take the card if you left it hanging.

In a prior post, I put what I copied off the National Park Website, but even that does not seem to secure.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Annual pass for what? Surely not National Parks. Or is that the charge for those who aren't senior qualified?
    Not everyone is senior qualified. LOL
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Jeherst Jack, I was a member of QCYC for many years and we have our outstation on Bainbridge. (Winslow). Right next to the public dock. It is the very best area. Lived in Seattle but my heart is in Puget Sound.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks like I will miss out on this deal..Still to dam young

Spyder Garage

FYI, for any disabled Veterans there is another pass called Access Pass. You can pick it up at your local game warden office and it allows you free entry into any national parks and some discounts on certain park amenities. Also, it is FREE!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    If you're 62+ years old, you can get a Senior pass for $10 at a NP or $20 by mail until the price goes up to $80.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)