Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Cover choices?

What is the best cover to get for the Spyder? Full cover choices.
    Looking for your experience that works best and easy to travel with?
    Thx!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder-to-go View Post
    Thx!
    The BRP full cover is pricey, but well made and fits like a glove. Not for traveling though because it's heavy and bulky.

Several other choices available in light weight full covers. This is one;

https://www.amazon.com/UltraGard-4-4...MT35S03DX9AK42
    Last edited by UtahPete; 07-09-2017 at 09:15 AM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Agree...

Many travel with the half cover. Nelson Riggs has good covers and I see many use the goldwing cover which will cover all but the front wheels. There may be others out there.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. I am looking to purchase a 2017 RT this coming week. Moving from a Goldwing to the Spyder. Are there any must have items you recommend adding to Spyder that you would add first?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. I am looking to purchase a 2017 RT this coming week. Moving from a Goldwing to the Spyder. Are there any must have items you recommend adding to Spyder that you would add first?
    I suggest you start a new thread to ask that question. You'll get lots of opinions!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

If you are traveling, I highly recommend a half cover versus a full cover. It takes up less cargo space but fully covers both seats, the steering/dash area and windscreen from any heavy dew or rain. They also go on and off very quickly. There are several choices but i really like out Can Am BRP one.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In my opinion covers take up too much cargo space so I don't carry one when I travel. I travel a lot and have never had an issue with my Spyder not being covered.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think the Triaxial handlebars and towing kit are probably must-haves if you're thinking about touring.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

If you're moving from two wheels to three I suggest you log 500 - 1,000 miles on the Spyder before you begin thinking about adding "basic necessities" and farkles. I use a Nelson Rigg half cover and like it.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I'm also a new owner and enquired about Can Am's OEM cover . A friend who had swapped from a Goldwing to an RT said his Ultraguard half cover from the Goldwing was a very good fit and only required a hole to be made for the antenna.
    At one third the price of the OEM one it was no contest. Covers all but the nose.

Spyder Garage

Default Cover for RTS 2016

I have a Rivco luggage rack that is horizontal. What kind of cover to use. Rack is adjustable to make length shorter. RTS 2016

Spyder Garage

I bought a ultraguard and used it for a year before the Florida sun destroyed it. Fit was good, but it only lasted a year and the red color transferred somewhat into the BRP logos on the frunk and rear giving them a tint. I replaced it with the BRP which has outlasted it by a good bit. After a year it shows no deterioration.

Bottom line is if I needed another I would definitely go with the BRP

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheDiver View Post
    I bought a ultraguard and used it for a year before the Florida sun destroyed it. Fit was good, but it only lasted a year and the red color transferred somewhat into the BRP logos on the frunk and rear giving them a tint. I replaced it with the BRP which has outlasted it by a good bit. After a year it shows no deterioration.

Bottom line is if I needed another I would definitely go with the BRP
    Can you elaborate on BRP logos please. Do you mean the emblems or some you have added. Do you think it was the Florida sun that caused the destruction and colour transfer.

Spyder Garage

The BRP lgog's on the front trunk lid and the rear trunk lid (both original) somehow absorbed a little of the red from the Ultra-guard cover giving them both a reddish tint. Not really a big deal, and it didn't seem to affect anything else. My garage is my woodworking shop so my vehicles must be kept outside. The sun here is brutal so I am sure that accelerated the deterioration. Compared to my boat covers and a cover over a gazebo, the ultra-guard did not survive long. The BRP seems to be holding up just fine.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP's half-cover works really well for me!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I sold my RT and got an F3. I have both the BRP full cover and the BRP 1/2 cover. Depending on where you live, I will sell both to you for $125 shipped.
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Spyder Garage

i have the cover from can am built well fits perfectly worth the money.

Spyder Garage

I have the ultra guard 4 that I bought from amazon for $69. It has held up well for a year now. You could travel with it but it would cost you the full volume of a side bag. For travel I would recommend a half cover. Or, you could just carry a dish towel like I do and wipe moisture from your seat.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Perfect fit

Quote Originally Posted by marty1096 View Post
    I have a Rivco luggage rack that is horizontal. What kind of cover to use. Rack is adjustable to make length shorter. RTS 2016

Nelson-Rigg half cover fits perfect with my safety chrome Rivco rack. It is the perfect rack to hold two rain suits and the cover.

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I have the BRP full cover that fits my 2014RTS-SE6, it is heavy duty, and custom fit, soft cover( inside) to protect windshield, straps/buckles to secure cover, have had cover for 5 years, has no holes, wears well. It is a good a cover for inside/outside storage.

I also have a 1/2 cover ( BRP) for traveling, light weight , covers windshield, seat, covers rear trunk, compact enough to carry on trips etc. Has its own carrying bag. Have had the 1/2 cover for 3 years, has straps/buckles to secure cover to bike. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Default two covers

Thx!
    i was lucky my dealer gave me a factory full cover with my bike i bought the brp half cover and very pleased with both yes full cover very bulky factory half cover fits as it should is very easy on and off

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Many travel with the half cover. Nelson Riggs has good covers and I see many use the goldwing cover which will cover all but the front wheels. There may be others out there.
    I got the BRP full cover for my first bike and as noted elsewhere it's pricey but fits like a glove. It stays in place and protects the bike when it's being towed at highway speeds even.

When I bought another (used in this case) RTL, it came with a lightweight full cover (after-market). I don't find it useful at all because it won't stay in place when the bike is being towed and since my bikes are garaged and I'm not going to carry a full cover on trips, it serves no useful purpose.

For my first bike I needed a half-cover for trips and bought a black one (I think it's a Hopnel) which is okay, but in the bright sun of the southwest black isn't the best color choice.

For the second bike I bought a Covermax cover from Amazon. It has an outer surface that is metallic-like and fits really well. I like it so much I just ordered another for the first bike. http://www.businessinsider.com/boein...america-2017-8

CoverMax.jpg
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Question Travel Cover?

I have an 2013 RT SE5 and wanted to trailer it from Florida to Missouri. Wanted to cover it to protect it from highway debris, weather, etc. Went to a dealer and purchased a Can-Am "travel cover" (filthy expensive!) as the cover I used daily was a less expensive cover and I knew it would not stand up to highway speeds. of 60+mph on the trailer. I made sure to correctly install the cover before taking off checked it regularly to make sure the straps were secure and it was still pulled down securely over the bike. The first day, it snapped off my antennae -- while I was not happy with that, I had already ordered a shorter replacement so I didn't sweat that too much. By half way through the second day, the center seam had ripped down the middle and was flapping down the middle. Now I see that there is a "trailering cover" for the F3 vs a "travel cover" and am wondering if the dealer sold me something not intended for the way I intended to use it? They knew what I was planning, they sold me the trailer! Anyone have any feedback before I go back in there blazing and demanding my $115 back?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pwm View Post
    I sold my RT and got an F3. I have both the BRP full cover and the BRP 1/2 cover. Depending on where you live, I will sell both to you for $125 shipped.
    If your covers are still 4 sale, I’ll buy them...please contact me... Bobby 615.714.5507, or rtdewd@me.com (Nashville)