Spyder Garage

Default Bajaron Swaybar Install

I am going to pull the trigger on a Bajaron Swaybar. I am no mechanic but consider myself above average mechanically. How difficult is the install? Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. It will be going on a 2016 RT Limited.
    Thank you!!

Spyder Garage

The single problem installing the bar is getting the Spyder 22+ inches off the ground. If you can do that safely you should have no problem installing it. I did not have the lifting/stabilizing means so I had the dealer do it as part of the OTD deal.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kipawa View Post
    I am going to pull the trigger on a Bajaron Swaybar. I am no mechanic but consider myself above average mechanically. How difficult is the install? Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. It will be going on a 2016 RT Limited.
    Thank you!!
    Owning a 2016 RTL myself, I am really interested in hearing the results of the install. Does it improve the handling of the RT enough to "pull the trigger " myself?

Steve
    2016 RTL , Stock Black

Spyder Garage

Default Need to get it up

Quote Originally Posted by SteveE View Post
    Owning a 2016 RTL myself, I am really interested in hearing the results of the install. Does it improve the handling of the RT enough to "pull the trigger " myself?

Steve
    a friend and I installed the swaybar and links on my 2014 RTL. the biggest issue we faced was getting the spyder high enough to get the swaybar out and the new one installed. If you can do this safely you should have no problem installing the new swaybar. Shoutout and thanks to Richard Kuwitzky for all his hard work.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    This is an old version of the install instructions. I have an updated version that I can send to anyone interested in the install process. As mentioned above. Getting the front of the Spyder to the necessary height will be your biggest challenge. But a lot of owners have done this themselves.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Here's how I installed the BajaRon Swaybar...fyi

From a previous post.....here's what I did. As Ron stated, you need to get it high enough, but really not until you swap out the bars. See below....good luck!

Good luck with your install. As earlier stated, you will need to get your Spyder high enough in order to get the OEM sway bar out and the new Bajaron sway bar in. I utilized a motorcycle jack to lift our 2014 RT Limited and then placed ramps (double ramps on front) and used blocks for the back tire. I would let the weight of the Spyder rest of the ramps, but left the jack in place as a back-up. I did all the prework (other than removing the actual sway bar) with it on the ramps. Then I needed to still lift it an inch or two (with the motorcycle jack) in order to get the old sway bar out and the new one in. Once I had the new one in place, the Spyder went fully back on the ramps with the jack in place as a back-up. I completed the work while it was well supported on the ramps. This work was completed in early 2014 when our Spyder was new - one of the first mods we put on our 2014 as we did the same for our 2012 RT Limited (which we traded in for the 2014)

Here's some pics:

Attached Thumbnails
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    The single problem installing the bar is getting the Spyder 22+ inches off the ground. If you can do that safely you should have no problem installing it. I did not have the lifting/stabilizing means so I had the dealer do it as part of the OTD deal.
    A couple of auto ramps should do it and they are cheap.That will take care of the front end which is all you need for the sway bar install. Drive up them and you are done. If you need the back wheel up get a 2 ton bottle jack and a third ramp,jack up the rear and slide the other ramp underneath.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the info

Thank you!!
    Would driving up loading ramps on the bed of a pickup truck work to get the required clearance

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just did one on our 2016 F3 Limited. if you have car ramps use them. Get everything loose and then jack the spyder high enough for the old sway bar to come out, put the new one in its place and then let the jack back down. If you have some trailer ramps you can run the spyder up on them on a truck or a wall. Just so it's sturdy before you crawl under it.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    A couple of auto ramps should do it and they are cheap.That will take care of the front end which is all you need for the sway bar install. Drive up them and you are done. If you need the back wheel up get a 2 ton bottle jack and a third ramp,jack up the rear and slide the other ramp underneath.
    The newer ones require more room than a 2012.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250

Spyder Garage

Would driving up loading ramps on the bed of a pickup truck work to get the required clearance
    Should be fine, about 2 ft is what you need.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250