Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Any one Trade up from a F3-S to a F3T?

My dealer is offering me a sweet deal on his demo 2017 F3T with 600.00 miles on it and I am exploring the idea. My 2015 F3-S is a great machine, no issues and I have it upgraded just where I like it. It has 13k miles on it. But I am thinking about it. Did anyone else trade up. What are the pros and cons that you experienced?
    Last edited by Tazzel; 07-07-2017 at 12:03 PM.

Spyder Garage

I asked my dealer about trading up and he completely dropped the ball......didnt even make an offer. Told me sales of $10k+ machines was so far down he didn't even know what he could offer. I was a little put off.
    Now
    2021 Sea2Sky
    Former
    2015 F3-S

Spyder Garage

I have my first Spyder ever, it's a 2016 F3 limited. The storage space and the glove box that charges my iphone while I ride are two things I really like. My BF likes a naked bike, but he sure thinks all my compartments come in handy!
    2016 F3 Limited
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Spyderpops lighted bumpskid
    Lamonster LED headlights

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

-Maria Robinson

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Morturf View Post
    I asked my dealer about trading up and he completely dropped the ball......didnt even make an offer. Told me sales of $10k+ machines was so far down he didn't even know what he could offer. I was a little put off.
    And you did the right thing by walking. He was building you up for the final BS party.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    My dealer is offering me a sweet deal on his demo 2017 F3T with 600.00 miles on it and I am exploring the idea. My 2015 F3-S is a great machine, no issues and I have it upgraded just where I like it. It has 13k miles on it. But I am thinking about it. Did anyone else trade up. What are the pros and cons that you experienced?
    You'll end up with a better rear shock, some more storage, a windshield, and the ability to easily set it up for towing...
    If that stuff is important to you:

Buy The Motorcycle.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have changed a lot since 2008. I always had to have the newest and best. I made a practice of farkle through the roof, and take a licking on everything when I perceived the new offer was an upgrade. If I could only undo some of that, I could buy a brand new something and pay cash.

You may have answered your own question. If it ain't broke, you may not have to fix it. I am still driving the 2011 and the 2014. Been tempted enough to look, but not enough changes or improvements to get me on board for another go around. We have 26K miles on each of the spyders now.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-07-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

With the small saddlebags that the T and Limited have and not much else to get extra, my wife declined doing so. It was cheaper putting on saddlebags, Guftason windshield and an aftermarket radio on her F3S.
    Last edited by bscrive; 07-07-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    With the small saddlebags that the T and Limited have and not much else to get extra, my wife declined doing so. It was cheaper putting on saddlebags, Guftason windshield and an aftermarket radio on her F3S.
    Amen to that!
    IMHO the F3T and Limited look to much like a RT been there done that!
    Yes with my detachable bags a much better option again in IMHO.
    And nothing sweeter than the Dragon Red.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I was seriously looking at getting a F3 before I purchased my F3T. The deals on the F3 were outstanding, but I would have to add the 2 up shock, a sound system, heated grips, and corbin bags in order to get it like I wanted. Now I am not one to farkle out my bikes too much because I know that I might sell and switch things up at any minutes. Since I know you are doing good if you get 50% of your money out of aftermaket items, I was leaning against the F3. But I loved the way the corbin bags looked and have owned 2 bikes with them before. Then earlier this year I heard about all the nightmares that people were having with quality and customer service at corbin and decided against it. To add to the equation, the leftover 2016 F3T's were being sold at some smoking deals, so I made the choice and am happy with it.
    Now, if I had a F3 already, I am doubtful that I would make the switch to a F3T, unless it had something very particular that I wanted, and the dealer offered me a smoking deal for trade in. It is your choice, only you can make it.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    You'll end up with a better rear shock, some more storage, a windshield, and the ability to easily set it up for towing...
    If that stuff is important to you:

Buy The Motorcycle.jpg
    And the upgraded power steeering
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Yes, i traded a 2015 F3-S for my current bike which is a 2016 F3 Limited. While I liked my F3-S, I absolutely love the F3 Limited. For me the minor improvements mentioned above equated to a bike that I can tour with comfortably. I have zero regrets and plan to hold on to this bike for awhile.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Thanks! I didn't realize that they had also tweaked that system.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

?? Difference in the power steering

Spyder Garage

X2...What difference in power steering?
    2020 RT Limited
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

You're joking, right?!
    HAND'S UP:
    The only sure way of getting rid of bad habits is to create good ones.
    AND, by the way, this will not happen on auto pilot.

It's time for a YOU-turn!!!

Spyder Garage

Default whatttttt !

My BF likes a naked bike, but he sure thinks all my compartments come in handy ohhhh wait a second , I see , your boyfriend rides naked ! in the summer I would have to guess { sorry giving you a bit of the business }

Spyder Garage

a brush-less steering motor.

T.P.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Still trying to work a deal with iMotorsports and local dealer. It comes down to which is hungrier and If am willing to pay the lowest price and take the best in trade value.

Spyder Garage

What upgraded steering? I can detect no difference in steering between Louise F3T and my F3S other than her longer handlebars we installed. Never heard this one before.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So for those that traded up to the F3T or higher what were the necessary modes? does it still need the BaJaRon swaybar? I have heard that the side mirrors are worthless and non adjustable, is this true. I would have my Floorboard, driver and passenger backrest coming off my F3S. Guess I am curious about the quality of the stock swaybar and stock shocks.

Spyder Garage

I had a 2015 F3S and now own a 2016 F3L. With the 2016 stopped with motor running if you turn the handlebars you get a "feedback" feeling. It's like you attempt to turn the front wheels and it feels like there is a slightly delayed power assist. I know with the 2015 it was very hard to turn the front tires if you did not have any forward motion.
    Rick

Spyder Garage

So for those that traded up to the F3T or higher what were the necessary modes? does it still need the BaJaRon swaybar? I have heard that the side mirrors are worthless and non adjustable, is this true. I would have my Floorboard, driver and passenger backrest coming off my F3S. Guess I am curious about the quality of the stock swaybar and stock shocks.
    The F3S and F3T come from BRP with the same sway bar and both can use the upgrade.

The F3S comes from BRP with better adjustable Fox front shocks.
    The F3T comes from BRP with an air bag adjustable rear suspension. (manual adjust)

Neither has the best of all worlds and both can use upgrading if you like the twisties. They both have excellent Brembo brakes.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well I did it yesterday. Traded my F3S for a 2017 F3T! Rode it home 120 miles. Simply Awesome! Got a great price for trade in and a great price for the F3T. I ended up getting the Magnesium Grey. Was not the color I wanted even though it is beautiful, I could not pass up the deal. I thought the radio was nice but worthless but I was so wrong. At 80mph on major highway with full face helmet It came in clear as a bell. I think my F3S had a faster smoother throttle response but it could just be a matter of break-in period. Also I notice it does put out a little more heat then the F3S, could be that the heat is trapped with that cupped rear end.

Spyder Garage

Glad you're happy! It's a matter of what float each of our boats. I rode both the limited and the S, in the end I enjoyed the S more, took the extra money and put Elkas and Corbin hard bags on her. I couldn't be happier.

Now get out and ride!