Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default RT Handlebar Installation on ST - measurement data

SpyderDeb was one of the first to receive a transplanted RT handlebar on her ST. Although the ST and RS/GS are now history, I figured there are still riders out there that may benefit from the information. Before I did the handlebarectomy, I measured the width, rise, and pull back of the stock ST and RT bars.

ST RT
    Width 32 32.75
    Rise 5 7.125
    Pullback 4.5 6.5

As you can see from the dimensions, the RT bars are higher and come back toward the rider, without going overboard on the width. Reach-challenged riders typically don't have wide shoulders, so the width is important.

Everything fit (major bolt holes and wire harnesses) and lined up during the swap except two of the 4 bolt holes that hold the perforated plastic guard plate to the underside of the handle bar: a simple file job elongate the holes and allow the bolts to be inserted and tighten was all it took.

So if you're looking for a different handlebar set for your ST and ST-LTD, seek out a color matched (black or silver) handlebar someone removed from their RT. The set we bought included the GPS mounting as a bonus!

Now I can through my paper notes away....
    Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Default Good to know....

I assume that all the cables and wires were long enough though you do have to remove zip's to allow for the added length of the bars. Know we had questions recently about this so it is a great help....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black