Spyder Garage

Default 09 RS Exhaust Slip-On Experience needed

I have a old set of aftermarket slip-ons that were off an 07 Harley StreetGlide. I was thinking about mounting one in place of the OEM muffler.

My questions are:
    Does anyone have any experience with any mufflers outside the OEM & two aftermarket bolt ons we normally see?

Does anyone know of a person or shop that would build a new 90* end piece? In past experience I have not found a muffler shop willing to mess with motorcycle pipes.

Previously, I was pushing 1369CC of exhaust through two pipes. Would one pipe possibly not offer enough volume to allow the 998 Rotax to breath, therefore smother the motor?
    Which means that I'd need to find a 2to1 slip-on muffler that would allow momma's spyder to breath...

Thanks in advance,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Matahead View Post
    I have a old set of aftermarket slip-ons that were off an 07 Harley StreetGlide. I was thinking about mounting one in place of the OEM muffler.

My questions are:
    Does anyone have any experience with any mufflers outside the OEM & two aftermarket bolt ons we normally see?

Does anyone know of a person or shop that would build a new 90* end piece? In past experience I have not found a muffler shop willing to mess with motorcycle pipes.

Previously, I was pushing 1369CC of exhaust through two pipes. Would one pipe possibly not offer enough volume to allow the 998 Rotax to breath, therefore smother the motor?
    Which means that I'd need to find a 2to1 slip-on muffler that would allow momma's spyder to breath...

Thanks in advance,
    I'm in the process of building one know. Hoping to have it finished sometime Wednesday. Going to post pictures and what I used to build it.
    David

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    I'm in the process of building one know. Hoping to have it finished sometime Wednesday. Going to post pictures and what I used to build it.
    David
    Saw that. Thanks I think I'm going to find a OEM muffler. I don't have a welder, so I will have to find a friend with one, or a muffler shop.

Spyder Garage

There are 90' mandrel bend elbows available, some vendors on here sold them and ebay. I think they were all 2 inch dia. Check RLS Exhaust for a quick cheap short exhaust as an option otherwise, I would probably have RLS, but I make my own tips from car parts and sized up hardware.
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black