Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Effect on Warrantee by doing own maint.

Having my Spyder for only a couple of weeks and 1300 miles. (purchased used). A general question about doing your own maintenance. Aside from time consuming removal of all panels. How will doing your own maintenance effect the factory or B.E.S.T warrentee. Saving a few bucks to chance warrentee voiding is taking a chance.

I know one time I had a 3rd party auto warrentee and if you don't have iron clad proof claims are rejected.Never purchased 3rd party warrantees and have all work done at dealer until warrantee is up.

Spyder Garage

Default CANADIAN RATES

HERE ARE THE RATES IN CANADA.....
    380.jpg

Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Default First 3,000 Mile Service Costs Near Alabama - BRP Certified Dealers

I have called 4 of the dealerships near me (North Alabama) for the Initial 3,000 mile service. High was $525 from a Platinum dealership somewhere in middle TN, and low was $400 from a Gold dealership near Nashville, TN. . I don't feel comfortable doing the 3,000 mile Initial Break In Service by myself, or through an Independent shop because I want the full check out and the BUDS system scan by a BRP Certified Dealer. Later services I may do myself.

I'll keep calling, but I think they are all about the same down here. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HankD View Post
    I have called 4 of the dealerships near me (North Alabama) for the Initial 3,000 mile service. High was $525 from a Platinum dealership somewhere in middle TN, and low was $400 from a Gold dealership near Nashville, TN. .
    Holy ! Prices that high require additional explanation from the stealership. 1. What is their hourly labor rate? 2. How long do they take to do the 3K maintenance? 3. With the 3K maintenance item list from your operator's guide in hand, what do they do as part of the 3K scheduled maintenance? It better be at least as complete as what's in the operators guide. 4. If they take longer than two hours, why? 5. When the math doesn't come out, why? Ask them to explain it.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

three hours plus parts

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default STEALERSHIPS

I have called 4 of the dealerships near me (North Alabama) for the Initial 3,000 mile service. High was $525 from a Platinum dealership somewhere in middle TN, and low was $400 from a Gold dealership near Nashville, TN. . I don't feel comfortable doing the 3,000 mile Initial Break In Service by myself, or through an Independent shop because I want the full check out and the BUDS system scan by a BRP Certified Dealer. Later services I may do myself.

I'll keep calling, but I think they are all about the same down here. Any suggestions would be welcome.
    This is exactly why I DON'T take my Spyder to any dealer ....unless it's an emergency or under warranty ....JMHO .. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    This is exactly why I DON'T take my Spyder to any dealer ....unless it's an emergency or under warranty ....JMHO .. Mike

No doubt! But with a brand new trike and no knowledge of which local independent shops have the skill (and a BUDS system?), I'm sort of at their mercy for this initial break-in service. I'll be doing more research and buying some additional tools so I am not trapped by this at the second service around 12,300 miles. I'm assuming that only Certified Dealers get the BUDS diagnostic system?

Spyder Garage

No doubt! But with a brand new trike and no knowledge of which local independent shops have the skill (and a BUDS system?), I'm sort of at their mercy for this initial break-in service. I'll be doing more research and buying some additional tools so I am not trapped by this at the second service around 12,300 miles. I'm assuming that only Certified Dealers get the BUDS diagnostic system?
    No, any shop, even independents can licence BUDS. You will find most of the shops that do the Laser Alignments have a licence in order to do that work. There are a number of good independant Spyder shops around the country.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame